Is melee underpowered, reqesting tips for melle

Hello.
Is there a way to play dual wield daggers/swords HC and not just be snail slow farm?

Ranged got "Chain" "Fork" witch provides them with almost instant camp clearness.
While melee has to come face to face(taking allot more damage) and use low AoE cleave.

It happen so i sometimes get kicked out off party because i am just drawback lategame without good AoE(Team of 3 rangers just massacre mobs that are = level),
and i am questioning the design ideas or balance issues.

If you could provide your opinion what to use if going melee DW swords/daggers.
All my energy goes to farm DW Daggers! BUFF MELEE!!1!1
You have Lightning Strike as well. Also I believe there has been mention of possible AoE's or AoE enabling supports for melee.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
More AoEs are coming. Whirling Blades will be a lot stronger than it is now once the desync issues are fixed.

If you spec for fire damage, then Infernal Blow, Detonate Dead and Elemental Proliferation all give you ways of spreading the pain as long as you're hitting hard enough to kill individual monsters.
"
Zeshin wrote:
You have Lightning Strike as well.

That's not melee .....
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
Incompetent wrote:
More AoEs are coming. Whirling Blades will be a lot stronger than it is now once the desync issues are fixed.

If you spec for fire damage, then Infernal Blow, Detonate Dead and Elemental Proliferation all give you ways of spreading the pain as long as you're hitting hard enough to kill individual monsters.

Nice to hear that, i am currently DW daggers and Whirling blades is the only AoE. And its bugging so hard. Dosent break barrels, but i get stuck behind them, backtracks back intro other rooms and stuff like that.

Any known ETA on these patches?

"
CommodoX wrote:
"
Zeshin wrote:

That's not melee .....

But its based from melee weapon.
On this subject 2Handed Sword is pretty useless too... they should make "Sweep" allowed with 2h sword or add another spell that will be similar to this that used 2handed sword and dual wield.(Flicker or Whirling blades in and use "Sweep" would be nice clean speed)
Last edited by tw3tye on Feb 3, 2013, 10:40:02 PM
"
tw3tye wrote:

Yeah but it's a ranged attack - at that point, he can just take any ranged build whatever and faceroll everything compared to melee.

Dual-Wield has no AoE-skill besides Sweep/Cleave and with daggers/claws there is nothing (Whirling Blades has insane desync missing 90% and low AoE + low damage). And besides Whirling Blades, there's nothing.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Feb 3, 2013, 10:47:49 PM
"
tw3tye wrote:
"
Incompetent wrote:

Nice to hear that, i am currently DW daggers and Whirling blades is the only AoE. And its bugging so hard. Dosent break barrels, but i get stuck behind them, backtracks back intro other rooms and stuff like that.

Any known ETA on these patches?

"
CommodoX wrote:
"
Zeshin wrote:

That's not melee .....

On this subject 2Handed Sword is pretty useless too... they should make "Sweep" allowed with 2h sword or add another spell that will be similar to this that used 2handed sword and dual wield.(Flicker or Whirling blades in and use "Sweep" would be nice clean speed)

I agree two hand swords should get to use sweep.
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
tw3tye wrote:

Yeah but it's a ranged attack - at that point, he can just take any ranged build whatever and faceroll everything compared to melee.

Dual-Wield has no AoE-skill besides Sweep/Cleave and with daggers/claws there is nothing (Whirling Blades has insane desync missing 90% and low AoE + low damage). And besides Whirling Blades, there's nothing.

LS is basically ranged, it doesn't feel melee at all. THey could easily implement other elements in ways to make different forms of melee attacks, lots of things are possible.

I've done cleave specs in beta, and it always seemed underpowered, currently running sweep with all possible added area size. It's fun but still pretty weak compared to a ranged build. I wouldn't run this spec in hardcore though.

Ground slam is the most viable, but even with that spec it gets old and boring and doesn't feel melee ish. as you are hitting the ground not the monsters. Melee has always had it hard imo.
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
tw3tye wrote:

LS is basically ranged, it doesn't feel melee at all. THey could easily implement other elements in ways to make different forms of melee attacks, lots of things are possible.

I've done cleave specs in beta, and it always seemed underpowered, currently running sweep with all possible added area size. It's fun but still pretty weak compared to a ranged build. I wouldn't run this spec in hardcore though.

Ground slam is the most viable, but even with that spec it gets old and boring and doesn't feel melee ish. as you are hitting the ground not the monsters. Melee has always had it hard imo.

Just did till lvl 20 with LS, in short didn't link it. Tho it has potential since its projectile but i really didn't like it...

Ground slam was the same but i had to use mace...

I got a week off from job, after that i wont have time to play. Just wondering is there a ETA of these so called melee buff patches?
"
tw3tye wrote:
I don't know what your level is, but unti your 40's, if you don't hugely invest in hp and evasion, I'm afraid whirlwhind will be the only safe way to kill mobs. Otherwise, you'll be one shotted

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info