Question about Pain Attunement

Pain Attunement: 30% more spell damage when on low life.

Does the unique item "crown of thorns" (Which gives pain attunement) stack with the keystone passive for a total of +60% damage?

Thanks for feedback on this.
IGN: Molesto_the_Clown
No, crown of thorns just gives you the passive. It wont stack.
IGN: Iolar
The first item you win in season items Redbeak
http://image.playerauctions.com/P/B/20130128/2c1960133ae8ec8b9e30e1ca856d4a49.jpg

Gives you 100% dmg on low life!

1: first does it work with Pain Attunment?

2: is it a global thing or just the dmg on the weapon

If it is global i could se a caster build that goes for Pain Attunment and Redbeak and som auras with Blood Magic and alot of ES!!

constant 130 % spell dmg

And that is just the base, propperly mix it with alot of otehr nice passives.
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
1: first does it work with Pain Attunment?

2: is it a global thing or just the dmg on the weapon

It's global. You should note that Pain Attunement is "more" (read: final damage) while Redbeak is "increased" (so it stacks with all other sources like spell damage, elemental, and so on).

Pain Attunement casters aren't completely unheard of, and it's fairly easy to understand how they work. Not many people bother though since you die far too often (mostly to chaos damage, even resisted), and you lose a lot of vision radius in indoor maps.
i dont know... the logistics of this dont make sence how does ci allow things like pain attunement work...if you have 1 max life then your hp isnt really considered low as it is full so how would it work when your always either full health or dead?i assumed that ci you wouldent be able to use things that require low life for realistic logistical reasons...
Indeed. Pain Attunement & CI does not work together. However, you can build a CI-like build with Pain Attunement, Purity, & Blood Magic (Gem), using Shavronne's Wrappings.

You'll have reserved 98% of your life.
Zappy zappy.
Last edited by CungPowCow on Nov 10, 2013, 11:20:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info