Checkpoints for beta

I know there were threads about checkpoints and popular consensus is that PoE don't need them and I'm fine with current death system as it is, but listen, when server crashes every 15 mins... here's a fresh example: cleared 3 areas, didn't find WP in the last one yet - crash happens. So new clear, approximately at the same point through 3rd area I open up TP to go sell some stuff and guess what - another server crash and when I log back in the TP is gone too. Imagine it happens more times. What's the point really?
If PoE's initial concept was "diablo only better" why not at least implement checkpoints till servers are stable enough? The world is not perfect, disconnections do happen, especially with PoE being so popular and servers having hard time dealing with it, so why not use it temporarily at least? Setting up few checkpoints and adding code to spawn you there in case of death or disconnection instead of town shouldn't be too hard.
Waypoints are checkpoints...

If you didn't reach the waypoint, it just means you didn't reach the next checkpoint and have to start again at the previous one.
Last edited by Mortal321 on Feb 3, 2013, 3:13:59 PM
Not really. The way checkpoint system works in diablo for example - when you cross a certain point (say - enter an area) it becomes your most recent checkpoint. If you chose to reset, select different map etc - checkpoint is lost and you start in town again. But if you don't and get a DC or game crash, then you start at that last checkpoint. That's the difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info