Screenshot of New Merveil Fight

"
DJ_Anubis wrote:
"
whoismiked wrote:
I want to start off by saying that the revamp work you guys do always turns out great looking. The lore, visuals and dynamics you polish into things are always pretty awesome.

But I really think you should focus on fixing some of the glaring issues with some of the current boss fights before you polish ones that do not have any issues at all.

For example; The cycloner being out of sync always as well as brutus being out of sync 50% of the time which I feel is a really bad issue since brutus is one of the first major bosses new players face and I believe leaves a bad impression of the game before they even get out of act one.

I completely understand that desync is an issue that is quite hard to 'fix', I am not expecting a 'fix' right away ....but at least give the bosses that use skills, like cyclone, that cause it 100% of the time different skills to use, at least in the meantime. Revamp those bosses before revamping ones that function fine.

Very well said. Clear and constructive. Wish i could voice my opinion as well :) Thankfully in this case it's the exact same. so: +1

This. This. A thousand times this.

Don't "fix" what isn't even remotely broken.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
I think that this boss fight is the only "revamped" part. It's an EXPANSION so I think that obviously means a lot more new content will be made available. GGG probably just wanted to include some improvements to existing content which is always welcome. I actually really hope MORE is added to ACTS 1 & 2 since they seem too short and a bit simple.

Also guys, lets face it, Merveil is way too easy of a boss fight in all difficulties.

But I really do hope they add in things in this expansion which are new and exciting...the Vaal skill gems were pretty much a giant flop by most accounts. I think they would have been way better if they just functioned a bit differently. Whatever the new expansion includes, I really hope it's not just a copy of SoTV's concept where weird side areas are put in with some new currency no one really cares about...
Last edited by Route1 on Jul 22, 2014, 3:03:15 PM
Hi

Clever ploy to exhibit new:New back attachment:(
and
New axe thing looks cool:)

I don't give a fudge about Merveil, big whup Merveil gets a bunch of gold statues while she spams cold snap and ice spear, sigh...and that took how long to implement?,and no act 3 news yet>_<

Lastly aura changes that's a laugh full of I told you so

cheers

Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Nice on mervil, now fix dominus, because hime turning into a bug does not make any sense and it looks nuts
"
LBGxValor wrote:
Nice on mervil, now fix dominus, because hime turning into a bug does not make any sense and it looks nuts

Thats...the point...
"
Thx GGG to not give every female character/npc huge ugly silicon tits

hehehe, agreed. one of the best parts of this game, second only to you can't pay to win. although many of the npc's do still need to use boob tape, which i swear will not be available after the apocalypse. i'm not sure who smuggled it into wraeclast, but i'm pretty sure boob tape does qualify as cheating, even in the real world.
I am the stone that the builder refused.
~~~~~

"
"
whoismiked wrote:
I want to start off by saying that the revamp work you guys do always turns out great looking. The lore, visuals and dynamics you polish into things are always pretty awesome.

But I really think you should focus on fixing some of the glaring issues with some of the current boss fights before you polish ones that do not have any issues at all.

For example; The cycloner being out of sync always as well as brutus being out of sync 50% of the time which I feel is a really bad issue since brutus is one of the first major bosses new players face and I believe leaves a bad impression of the game before they even get out of act one.

I completely understand that desync is an issue that is quite hard to 'fix', I am not expecting a 'fix' right away ....but at least give the bosses that use skills, like cyclone, that cause it 100% of the time different skills to use, at least in the meantime. Revamp those bosses before revamping ones that function fine.

Well said.

Please GGG, while new content is always great and welcome, addressing issues hindering the enjoyment of the game is even more important.

That video going around of the #1 1M-HC player just running around and dropping dead leaves a horrible image about the game to anyone who sees it.

This.

But to answer you, just don't play HC for the moment being, no point risking death to desync as it is the worst. I wouldn't be mad if I deserved to die and asked to be in a risky position, but to die permanently just because the server tought I was somewhere I wasn't is bad.
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
Are those ice shards coming out from under Merveil's skirt? Raises more questions that whatever the A2 monkeys throw...
bring on dat desync
"
StrayYoshi wrote:
Will you guys be adding new quests/sidequests to Acts 1-3? I would imagine as this game gets bigger the levels will get higher and more quests might be needed.

Yeah, I would also like to see some additional nodes added to the map graph. Another idea I thought might be nice is regarding the bandits: If you choose "help" a bandit, it may cause a different quest to have an alternate meaning, or perhaps open a different zone or side area type of quest. I'd like to see more branching in the gameplay, rather than having the linear progression.

I'm thinking that adding some side areas with "no point" (kinda like thicket) would be good, as you could tie them into the story later. (When I first saw thicket, i thought it may be an alternate quest thing in the event you help a bandit, rather than being just a side area with no (as far as I've noticed) connection to the story.

Just a thought. Keep up the great work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info