[GUIDE] What makes an item good

SHields are missing, add please :)
Nice list, although I don't agree with you about dismissing bonus to skill gem levels on items.

Bonus to minion for helmets can be great, since they get a huge increase per level usually.
Aside from helms, skill level bonuses on weapons can also be good. The drawcard is 10~40% more damage for skills that have awesome progression. There may be willing buyers for these following situations:
- +1/2 on good caster staffs,
- +1/2 on 1.55 APS bows with +IAS (for Poison & Explosive Arrow builds, and elemental hit.)
- +1/2 melee for fastest viper strike weapons along with +IAS. (Otherwise completely useless.)
- +1/2 on wands/daggers are less useful, although summoners are more likely to target +2 skill wands because their chest and helm are already taken up by minion gems.

As for abbrevations, IMO it's conceptually easier to provide both the first time like: abbreviations (abbrev.), and chaos innoculation (CI). Some people skip the connection.

EDIT: To clarify on minion helms, a +2 level 4L helm with ES (to roll blue sockets, stats are irrelevant) will single-handedly OP'fy a summoner. Zombies get at least ~40% more life per level (I haven't quantified damage) and skeletons not far behind that in the higher levels.
Last edited by zharmad on Feb 4, 2013, 5:06:07 PM
Cast speed on gloves?
Very nice guide, so helpful ! Thanks
Really love that mods compendium. Is it still being kept up to date? I think there were a few new mods released since the original post.
Not enough props for making this guide...
Props
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
all i have to say is thank you thank you looking forward to updates on this guide
Last edited by pathofwarcraft on May 18, 2013, 5:03:17 PM
bump. this was mentioned on reddit and isn't getting enough exposure.
"
enemymigs wrote:
bump. this was mentioned on reddit and isn't getting enough exposure.

yup. please update if you can too. make this the go to thread for this discussion.

maybe you can add a tutorial for calculating weapon dps as well, and an average of what numbers are good for a weapon type.
Last edited by Madroxmultiply on Jul 28, 2013, 11:04:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info