Endgame build for Wand Templar (a kiting RT tank :P)

Hey guys ^^ How are you doing?

Thanks to Tripp's solid build, I like the idea of a ranged Templar aoe farming + soloing the endgame.

This is my build:

The basic idea of my build is to give up critical/accuracy/dexterity for survivabilty with sustainable range dps.
Key stats from skill tree:
+22% shield block
+63% Armour
+65% All elemental resistances
+191% Maxi life
+2.9% Maxi life regen per sec wih 2% life leech
+115% Elemental dmg without power charges
+82% physical dmg
RT + EB

Gear customization: Since critical/accuracy/dexterity/strength can be ignored, I will only focus on Max life/ Mana Leech/ Elemental Dmg%/ Att Speed

For grinding: pulling as many mobs as you can, then AOE.
For elite boss: Kiting like a witch, but sure you can take some hits or make more mistakes than you think.

I just started this game switching from GW2, so any advices or suggestions are welcome.

very interested in how this build will be leveling and end game
Well for leveling, it's actually not bad.
With elemental dmg buff early, I can use any skills with ele dmg (up to the best 1h weapon available), even low level fire trap or spells are practical.

Once you are 20+lvl with shield block built up, then Tempest shield is a good option.
Any 1h/2h weapon with 2+ ele dmg bonus will do.

For gear:
I would say Dex gears before RT.
Get RT asap, then use more Str gears and melee 1h untill you have more points in wands.
With RT and most Str gears, I can even use a rare 2h staff/mace with sweep grinding, and weapon swap 1h+shield for elite or boss.
Last edited by darla on Feb 3, 2013, 7:39:29 AM
I fail to see how getting Resolute technique and power charges is a good idea.
"
Aggnog wrote:
I fail to see how getting Resolute technique and power charges is a good idea.

Well Power charges is a good option with Power Siphon (PS) + Fusillade

If you go with critical dps, you have to stack critical ratings/multiplier/accuracy or Dex from passive and gear customization.
However, I like Resolute technique because I don't really count on critical for Aoe grinding or Soloing endgame. With RT, I can just skip critical/hit stats, and only focus on survivablity and sustainable non-critical DPS.

Im curious what is your skill setup for this build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info