character size and Rats nest

Base character radius is 2 units. AFAIK all numbers regarding the units are rounded down, so with Rats nest, character radius should be 1, which means 75% reduce to character´s area (talking about mechanics, not visuals). This would have some interesting consequences:

* much higher chance to avoid projectiles manually by kiting
* lesser chance to be shotgunned by multiple projectile mobs
* iproved ability to move through crowded areas
* reduced Cyclone radius by 1

Am I right? Or is the character size the only exception in unit rounding?

e: some typos

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jul 14, 2014, 4:49:45 PM
I think you're right, I've seen it asked before and it should work like that. But I don't think it would be as easily noticeable in actual gameplay... yeah, most likely, the game often has trouble handling hitting the broad side of the barn with a baby elephant.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
It would make this modifier much stronger that it seems. I guess poeple are not thinking about it as a modifier to help them kite or escape from crowded area
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jul 14, 2014, 10:16:39 AM
I would be really surprised if character size is the same as character radius and not just cosmetic.

What would be the best way to definitively test something like this though?
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Mokihiki wrote:
What would be the best way to definitively test something like this though?

Friendly PvP.

Take something that involves weapon reach implicitly, such as a melee attack. Attack in place until you just barely hit an AFK friend in PvP to determine X range. Equip Rat's Net. Attack in place again. If you hit them, your weapon reach didn't change with character size. If you didn't, then it did (to some number < X).
Last edited by pneuma on Jul 14, 2014, 3:50:42 PM
I bet you 99.9% of the people wearing rats nest don't care about the char size feature. Mostly it give you the crit % and 700 ish evasion is not bad. For actually projectile evasion you are better off with Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration combo.
Last edited by ariesdante on Jul 14, 2014, 5:42:45 PM
"
Mokihiki wrote:
I would be really surprised if character size is the same as character radius and not just cosmetic.
Then remain unsurprised - character size is a purely cosmetic stat, it doesn't change the collision radius of the character, just the size the model is displayed at.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
character size is a purely cosmetic stat, it doesn't change the collision radius of the character, just the size the model is displayed at.

Guess it was too much to hope for.

Just curious:
Would making it work like in first post be possible at all? Would the game engine allow it?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 14, 2014, 7:55:42 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Mokihiki wrote:
Then remain unsurprised - character size is a purely cosmetic stat, it doesn't change the collision radius of the character, just the size the model is displayed at.

In this case it is a problem for people who think they are out of reach but are truly not. This would explain a lot of weird things that happened to me in pvp. e.g Cyclone clearly not touching you but doing damage, etc.
Last edited by Chinesefoodisbad on Jul 14, 2014, 10:59:59 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Mokihiki wrote:

Nice! I am glad it works this way. I hope you guys are considering adding a couple more uniques in different slots with reduced size.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info