Curse on Hit... is actually great!

I reckon there are not many applications for it, but my build couldn't live without it!

I'm a RF build with a Doryani's Catalist. On my 5-link Carcass Jack I have:

Cyclone - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness - Flammability - Life Gain on Hit

Ofcourse I have a Doedre's Damning equipped to apply both curses. Thanks to Resolute Technique I always hit. I also have Elemental Equilibrium in the passive tree and a rare ring with some cold damage.

So,

20/20 elemental weakness: -59% enemy resistances (-64% q20 curse on hit)
20 flammability: -49% enemy fire resistance (-53% q20 curse on hit)
cyclone with cold damage: -50% fire resistance

Cyclone through mobs: -167% enemy fire resistance!!!

You cannot imagine how fast my RF aura melts mobs/rares/bosses away. I immediately notice when they are immune to curses, because those are the only ones who can last some seconds.

I don't lose time casting one curse, casting another, and applying EE. I just cyclone through. The pace of the game is so quick. Cyclone has such a high hit rate that the curses are applied almost instantly. On top of it, it heals me a lot with LGoH and it does a bit of damage (totems).

Curse on Hit is my favourite trigger gem!
Last edited by Soepkieken on Jul 11, 2014, 7:17:12 AM
need vid :)
You need to add lightning dmg to get -50% from EE.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Vincendra wrote:
You need to add lightning dmg to get -50% from EE.

That's not even slightly true.

You place +25% for the element you hit with and -50% with the one you don't. OP is using cold damage which causes +25% cold resistance and -50% Fire and Lightning resistance.

EDIT: Well, I guess it is slightly true...ish. You don't NEED it. It is one of the two possibilities. Cold being the other one :)
Last edited by Nubatron on Jul 11, 2014, 7:49:19 AM
If you can, its almost always worthwhile to corrupt curse on hit on average gear. Go triple curse!
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
For even more damage, if you had a 3 curse build, you could throw Vulnerability on there as well.
I'm not sure if I still can agree that 'Curse on Hit is actually great.' Yes, it's very good in your setup since you are using Cyclone for LGoH + EE proc, and you get to tack on curses on top of it. But in almost every other case I can think of, even RF with no Cyclone, manually casting the curses (or using CoC if you are a CoC build already) is better than using CoH.

if you ever get a 6link I'd think of adding blind. for those harder to kill heavier hitting moments. It's like a 3rd curse.

I had thought about using curse on hit with ball lightning spell totem. Instead I use blind and gmp with the ball lightning spell totem. Pretty sweet.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
I prefer manual casting of curses. It doesnt take long, like 0,5-1 sec max and can have stronger attack
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
I agree that for builds that don't have an active skill, that's a GREAT gem. It's also really nice for Burning builds, that have the time to wait.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info