Tempest Shield/Molten Shell Build Help

I wanted to do a build where all i have to do is kind of just stand somewhere, tank for a party, and still do a fair amount of damage while being kind of supporty with shock charges.

This is my build, i haven't started any exile with it yet because its still being changed but i think this one looks pretty solid.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMM9xZvGS4aMho4HRQfAiNNJCUn7SjFKU8rDTEBNYA2xTbYOthANkRyRUdMNU99UWBVxlcNWfNirGaeZ71wfXKpfIN8u3zZfuKAVoTEhcWIuo9GkFWboaC0oW2iAKcIp4Splayqr2y0-bUEuJPAGsWKzfrPZdDQ1p3YJNlh5CLmfOnV7DjsVe5v8B_xbPMG877z3frS-6o=

Any help you can offer on improvements or changes would be very helpful to me and very appreciated, if wanted i can post progression of my build here and if it goes anywhere maybe even make a guide.

Thanks,

Carbon
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMQFW0RyQDYjTbT5GF3wH6IABLMCcYFvnjxN2Ix2fLvzcSSLPQ999cT2xBWzMQ0wErxKT2UvWfPAGmaeqZVRYBoygFZPfXB9cU2az0NjtzFY9Z3E-tIdFJitTDXjgucL3rAoxfO-kFU26eNqPC0M9-nVJCUUTYM4nYBgbd3zXcZG190FfVPyzsy31XWCm8auZtkY1zS-tHM=

Here is my planned build using the 76 points that you used. I am currently trying this build (level 30 at the moment) and all I can say is that you need WAY more resist. I am using sword/shield (sword because I prefer them and dex gives accuracy and +evasion for survivability) and so far I have not had any problems.

I see what you're trying to do with this build and I like it, but as far as I can tell you need more survivability. Even with molten shell + tempest shield on (and abusing enduring cry) I still take a good amount of damage. For a tank build to be viable I'd say you need more armour and far more resist. Please note that the max elemental resist is 75% and with perks you can easily overachieve that (templar shield usually gives +x% to all resist too, so factor that into your build).

On another note, in a big fight if you're the tank molten shell doesn't last very long. You will need good mana regen/a large mana pool if you wish to spam that. Although i wanted to dabble in being a caster, the upkeep from abusing molten shell and enduring cry keep me from using many of my DPS skills.

P.S. although i love them, I don't recommend using a 1h sword. The min dex for high end gear cuts into the build pretty hard. I will continue to use them until the bitter end though.

Hope my drunken talk helped you out.

-Turbonuggets
Last edited by crazyfingers619 on Feb 4, 2013, 7:23:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info