Remove eternal and create "Corrupted Exalted Orb"

Corrupted Exalted orb: 50% chance to create an eternal orb image which can be used to restore the item to the version before you exalted it. Basically, you get an extra chance to exalt 50% of the time. 10% chance to remove an affix instead of adding one.

Down with eternals! Down with dupes! ..I mean, mirrors!

Make the game about having unique itemization, put emphasis back on that, and it will make crafting available for all players, as the best they can do is exalt them good items, they don't need 200 ex in eternals and exalts before it makes sense crafting.

DOWN WITH ETERNALS!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jun 29, 2014, 10:16:51 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
After lon consideration... I dont think eternals and mirrors are the best idea of PoE ;)
IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
Eternals and mirrors are the only possible way to actually craft.

Eternals and mirrors are also the "lucky drop" that allow poor players to get the items they need and want.
I don't believe perfect items should be readily achieveable, which is what eternal orbs does.

They should be stuff of legends for everyone to admire and drool about.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I don't believe perfect items should be readily achieveable, which is what eternal orbs does.

They should be stuff of legends for everyone to admire and drool about.

...which they are?
Not really, as you say, the only way to really craft, like get exactly what you want for sure, is eternals.

Because of that, the rare items aren't that special, it's just a matter of how fast they will be created, and then there are mirrors who means it multiplied all over. Maybe you see 200 perfect items for every 1 you would see without eternals and mirrors, so they would be far more legendary.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Not really, as you say, the only way to really craft, like get exactly what you want for sure, is eternals.

Because of that, the rare items aren't that special, it's just a matter of how fast they will be created, and then there are mirrors who means it multiplied all over. Maybe you see 200 perfect items for every 1 you would see without eternals and mirrors, so they would be far more legendary.

Crafting is getting what you want.

Gambling is using currency in the hopes you get something good.

Take away eternals and mirrors and you totally remove crafting from Path of Exile.

I don't understand how you can't believe that items that have eternals invested into them aren't legendary. Of course they are, they have massive amounts of effort put into them.
That isn't quite true. You are molding definitions to suit your will now.

Crafting an item with 6 random properies is a thing. That is crafting. Crafting means any kind of direction to flow of item-generation. In path of exile you can craft on items to give them extra stats or other things like reroll their stats, but i think it's a good idea that you cannot easily control what you get.

It makes everyone spam more exalts on their own with nothing to lose, rather than hoard, it means good rare items have a value, instead of this extremely narrow crafting that leads to streamlined items and less diversity.

Also i think we have a different meaning of what is legendary, i'm talking legendary like you'll never seen more than 1-10 99% perfect items in the game in the next 10 years, like people will still be talking about that insane item they saw years ago and still haven't seen better. You are talking legendary items, D3 style. Haha, nah, you aren't quite, but it sounded good to "say", and it isn't quite misleading either.

Eternals totally destroy regular crafting, chaospamming, exalting good items, selling good rares for others to exalt etc. It makes the game a lot more streamlined. Less variety in what loots you are looking for, less use for your orbs(much more incentive to hoard), less value in finding a good item, less variety in gear players are using. Everything just less variety they are the fucking bane of many good things. DOWN WITH THEM!
"
Crackmonster wrote:
That isn't quite true. You are molding definitions to suit your will now.

No, I'm not?

"
Crackmonster wrote:
Crafting an item with 6 random properies is a thing. That is crafting. Crafting means any kind of direction to flow of item-generation. In path of exile you can craft on items to give them extra stats or other things like reroll their stats, but i think it's a good idea that you cannot easily control what you get.

No. Crafting is taking X and Y and getting Z. That is crafting.

Gambling, or PoE crafting, is taking A and B and getting 1-5,000. That is called gambling, or RNG crafting.

This is why Eternals were added, so that items could actually be crafted to some degree. Take out eternal orbs and you remove the only actual crafting aspect of GGG's "crafting" system.

"
Crackmonster wrote:
It makes everyone spam more exalts on their own with nothing to lose, rather than hoard, it means good rare items have a value, instead of this extremely narrow crafting that leads to streamlined items and less diversity.

So...eternals are worth nothing?

Holy shit, give me all your eternals. I'll start taking advantage of the currency you don't value.

"
Crackmonster wrote:
Also i think we have a different meaning of what is legendary, i'm talking legendary like you'll never seen more than 1-10 99% perfect items in the game in the next 10 years, like people will still be talking about that insane item they saw years ago and still haven't seen better. You are talking legendary items, D3 style. Haha, nah, you aren't quite, but it sounded good to "say", and it isn't quite misleading either.

I haven't played Diablo III past level 20-40, and I don't remember. I also played when it had shit drops like we have in PoE, so I have no idea what you mean by their legendary items.

Either way, I am talking about the perfectly rolled items that have the highest mod of each desired time and of a high or perfect roll. Those are legendary items, in case you didn't know.

Also, the reason you'll never see another is because there can only be one per need. For instance, a phys crit dagger can only ever have one "legendary", since you can only have so many mods that fit that roll.

"
Crackmonster wrote:
Eternals totally destroy regular crafting, chaospamming, exalting good items, selling good rares for others to exalt etc. It makes the game a lot more streamlined. Less variety in what loots you are looking for, less use for your orbs(much more incentive to hoard), less value in finding a good item, less variety in gear players are using. Everything just less variety they are the fucking bane of many good things. DOWN WITH THEM!

Really? Are you some masochist that enjoys RNG?

Crafting =/= chaos-spamming.

Crafting = eternals.

Learn it.

On a side note, you're either so rich in this game that MoK mean absolutely nothing to you or your mind has cracked at the fact that PoE is impossible unless you can flip items and currency.
I'd make Eternals only work with items having 4 mods or less... and then actually consider making them more common.

But I like the idea of your exalted orb. It's much in line with those that currently YOLO exalt.

Whatever gets players to waste (ahem, use) currency would be a good thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info