Snapshotting

"
Hardliner78 wrote:
Bottom line in my opinion is that fixing snapshotting is nice and I'm happy to hear you guys finally found a way to do it , but it must be countered with some skill buffs/aura buffs alse alot of builds gonna just stop being viable or they will be far too weak and boring to play.

^ This. Please.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jul 1, 2014, 1:11:16 AM
by developer:
"
Players using it have to go through tedious setup to make their builds work, time they should be spending slaying monsters and having fun.

I can't imagine more fun with less power. really.

U are spending time and energy in the wrong way. I'm sure 100% of the comunity have more fun from the fix of desync instead of removal of snapshot. Desync is less fun and more rage for ALL. Snapshotting is more fun for who can afford it ( = good and experienced players that play for several hours per day ). Is better fix bugs before fix (destroy) game mechanics.
EUPHOSMELTER IS BACK
Snapshotting is no fun for anyone.
I don't know which bugs you're talking about, the game does hardly have big bugs.
Last edited by darkmatch on Jul 1, 2014, 4:29:35 PM
Uh, this thread. Hurts the brain how much drama over a change that GGG has said was coming. Searched through the thread for something but did not see it. Yup read all the arguments why snapshotting is not snapshotting. :)

Anyway, my question.

I'm an ES based RF and always wondered if the more damage from RF applied to rf. I've never noticed a difference between l1 rf or l1q20 rf or l20 rf so always assumed the mods did not apply. If they do, great. If not, will rf now dynamically take those bonuses into account since it looks at status after cast. Another question but similar is blood dance boots damage mod. My assumption is that the damage bonus will now apply to rf dynamically as well.

Looking forward to this change if that is the case. Buff for me :)
Last edited by Nubatron on Jul 2, 2014, 8:17:10 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
Uh, this thread. Hurts the brain how much drama over a change that GGG has said was coming. Searched through the thread for something but did not see it. Yup read all the arguments why snapshotting is not snapshotting. :)

Anyway, my question.

I'm an ES based RF and always wondered if the more damage from RF applied to rf. I've never noticed a difference between l1 rf or l1q20 rf or l20 rf so always assumed the mods did not apply. If they do, great. If not, will rf now dynamically take those bonuses into account since it looks at status after cast. Another question but similar is blood dance boots damage mod. My assumption is that the damage bonus will now apply to rf dynamically as well.

Looking forward to this change if that is the case. Buff for me :)
RF deals damage over time, which is not (and cannot be) spell damage, and is thus unaffected by any modifiers specific to spell damage, including the one it grants. The Blood Dance damage increase is not specific to any particular type of damage, so will apply to the burning from RF, and will update dynamically as you gain or loose frenzy charges.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I believe this will also allow [Tempest Shield] to weapon swap between two sets if both have shields, but I haven't tested this specifically - I'll test now and report back.

What results from the testing (if any)?

Paraphrased from a post a couple weeks and 50ish pages ago, btw.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I believe this will also allow [Tempest Shield] to weapon swap between two sets if both have shields, but I haven't tested this specifically - I'll test now and report back.

Whoops, must have forgotten to post the results of that at the time - keeping up with the thread was a bit tricky. It does work, provided of course that the tempest shield gem itself isn't in any of the items being swapped.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Whoops, must have forgotten to post the results of that at the time - keeping up with the thread was a bit tricky. It does work, provided of course that the tempest shield gem itself isn't in any of the items being swapped.

Yup, busy thread. Thought id mention the post date and paraphrasing since its only part of the original conversation and slightly edited; didnt intend to imply i was impatient for an answer (and it does sort of come across that way upon re-reading it; oh well!).

Anyway, glad to see shield swaps will soon be viable, and thanks for the testing and replies.
IGN: KoTao
My apologies if this question is a repeat, but after reading the thread I don't think this specific scenario has been addressed.

If I have auras in a Prism Guardian, cast them, and then weapon swap, after this update, will the auras fall off?

If the auras won't fall off, will they still receive the effects of the Prism Guardian in the inactive weapon set?

Thanks.
Last edited by RaSTVaMPHuNT on Jul 3, 2014, 8:25:25 AM
"
RaSTVaMPHuNT wrote:
My apologies if this question is a repeat, but after reading the thread I don't think this specific scenario has been addressed.

If I have auras in a Prism Guardian, cast them, and then weapon swap, after this update, will the auras fall off?

If the auras won't fall off, will they still receive the effects of the Prism Guardian in the inactive weapon set?

Thanks.

There probably hasn't been a question about it since it doesn't even work now and since the devs have specifically said they only want gems to function on your active gear I see no reason that they should change that.
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info