Build me the worst character that just might work!

So I've already got 2 50ish witches, and 30ish marauder/duelist/ranger...the only class I haven't played yet is templar, but I'm not strictly looking for a templar.

I want to test skills everyone's not playing. I think punishment is going to be a staple - no one seems to like it. What other underused skills do you think might actually work? Do you think a templar who specs for increased minions, and goes zombie/specter punishment has any chance of killing mobs at a reasonable pace?

Just looking for some feedback on a weird but possibly not pointless build. Other underused skills besides punishment will be considered. What weapon type is the least used?
Last edited by Tasonir on Sep 29, 2011, 10:26:53 PM
Fair warning about punishment: it reflects damage after armor mitigation. So putting it with a tank character is going to yield highly diminished results. I'm not sure what the armor values for zombies/spectres are (though apparently spectres get a fairly large defensive bonus).
Punishment has a slight bug at the moment; if an enemy kills itself, you receive no experience. I believe it'll be fixed in 0.9.3 so I would hold off on trying something like that until the patch is released.

edit: or do you just not get credit for quests if a boss kills itself? I forgot.

edit 2: After testing it again, I've found that you do not get experience from an enemy killing itself only if you do no damage to it.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Last edited by IMDisappoint on Sep 29, 2011, 10:46:57 PM
Good to know about the loss-of-exp bug, I might have to include some aoe skill to ensure I hit everything. One of the novas would do that, but then it just feels like a normal nova build....maybe I can finally find some use for ground slam?

Has anyone tested ground slam with increased AOE? Does it get larger? I assume the graphic does not, but does it actually hit more?
Create a build that focuses on crit rate to get ALL 3 charges from every tree.

I've calculated. It can be accomplished by level 58.
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzudxtilpQP_CzgbmkYmW4w

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/uberj4ger
I vote dual wand witch. you have about 3 weeks.
The purpose of argument should not be victory, but progress.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info