Doomfletch

Can't seem to figure out how this Bow works. The "Gain 110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of an Element" doesn't show on the tooltip.

With Berek's Grip, should I get (1-8 Lightning Damage + (9-38 Physical Damage * 110%)) as Lightning damage.

Also, does the "Adds 1–4 Physical Damage" and "5% increased Physical Damage" from the Blackheart add-up to the total Bow Physical damage?
Last edited by Sorbetero on Jun 3, 2014, 7:55:51 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Its random element based of the weapons dps. So rings/ammy with +phys would benefit it and so would belts like rustic sash etc. I think it is mostly a low lvl bow.

Look into facebreakers if your into cool builds based off items, it would probably be better than this bow to start with :)
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Jun 2, 2014, 8:08:52 PM
It doesn't show on the tooltip for the same reason that this gem

doesn't show its bonus damage on your character sheet: the element is randomly chosen per-hit.

(actually, the gem has another issue on top of this - the damage ranges aren't all the same)

To answer your other questions, though, you'd get 1-8 lightning damage on roughly 2/3rds of your hits (you'd be doing the other extra damage as cold or fire for those), and (1-8 + (9-38 + 1-4)) * (% increased physical, elemental, and/or lightning damage passives/gear) lightning damage for the other third of them.

Incidentally, questions like this probably belong in the Gameplay Help section.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
So basically it's like a buff version of Elemental Hit, drawing on item damage. What about passives and supports?

I'm trying to get my head around this too. I've been very fascinated with damage conversion lately, in regards to *when* the conversion happens.

edit: Cheers, Brother Skivverus, that clarifies a lot. And I agree -- reported thread for Gameplay Help movement.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 2, 2014, 8:10:49 PM
Thanks guys for your quick reply, got really enlightened how the bow works.

I was confused with the wording they used for the additional elemental damage.

"Gain 110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of an Element"

they should have put it like this

"Gain 110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element"
"
Sorbetero wrote:
"Gain 110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of an Element"

they should have put it like this

"Gain 110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element"
We wanted to, but it didn't fit. We had to do the best we could within the limitations we had.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 3, 2014, 8:38:32 PM
Oh, GGG's crusade against mods longer than one line of text...my great nemesis...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 3, 2014, 8:49:26 PM
Mine too :(
The worst by far is Mon'tregul's Grasp.

Having to go to a wiki to find out how much the enemies-the-zombies-kill explode for (answer: 20% of their life) is pretty ridiculous, honestly.
Last edited by pneuma on Jun 3, 2014, 9:30:58 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
The worst by far is Mon'tregul's Grasp.

Having to go to a wiki to find out how much the enemies-the-zombies-kill explode for (answer: 20% of their life) is pretty ridiculous, honestly.
I have made this argument, and lost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info