Increased Attack Speed Vs. Increased Casting Speed

Was wondering if anyone could give me some verification as to what falls under what category so I have a better idea how to build characters...

From what I've gathered, faster ICS affects blue skill gems by increasing the cast animation thus allowing you to shorten the delay between multiple casts...

IAS seems to affect Red/Green skill gems in the same manner...

Can anyone verify this?

It would just seem odd to be playing like say, a ranger who has very high IAS, who launches split arrow/double strike/poison arrow super slow compared to default attack...

It was my belief that ICS only really applied to "spells" and not all "skills".

I guess as a hypothetical:

Infernal Blow - Is the speed of infernal blow increased by ICS or IAS?

Any clarification would be wonderful.
"
stoney wrote:
It was my belief that ICS only really applied to "spells" and not all "skills".
This is true. A rule of thumb: if your weapon is used, it's not a spell. You cast spells, but other skills are weapon attacks.

I don't think they're meant to be specific to blue skills versus red and green in the long run. I think we'll be seeing more spells in the strength and dexterity areas later on.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Yup, not broken down by color but by whether they require a weapon or not. There are plenty of red and green curses that are still spells and affected by ICS not IAS (I'm pretty sure?), for example.
Malice explians the spell skill distinction in his thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2750
Thank you, Mark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info