What's the Legacy League?

So I read about this Legacy League, that is planned to be implemented in patch 0.9.3, correct?

How is this league different from the current one?

Last edited by Loumy on Sep 28, 2011, 5:58:51 AM
Okay, so I now learned a bit more. Apparently all characters and equipment before patch 0.9.3 will be moved to the so called Legacy League.

So I guess, that must mean that all characters created after patch 0.9.3 will be created on the new "default" league.

Therefor characters made before 0.9.3 and characters made after the patch won't be able to play together.
Last edited by Loumy on Sep 28, 2011, 5:39:24 PM
POTATO
I'm guessing there are some technical incompatabilities that cause this, but GGG don't want to delete everything and/or feel that they can still get useful feedback from the old system.

Or it could be The Conspiracy.
Legacy League could also be a league allowing players who were in the Beta to keep there characters but only allow them to play under this league. Which would be an interesting idea allowing the players to keep there hard earned xp and skills with a character they tested.

Basically, the idea of the legacy leagues (there's one for hardcore, too) is a server wipe.

More specifically, it lets people play their old characters, using their old items, whose mods - though not necessarily base stats - will be unchanged and therefore possibly overpowered/underpowered/unusable according to the balance in 0.9.3.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
About old characters in the legacy league..
"
Legacy characters will of course get a full passive skill refund because of the new layout. Their passives will need to be allocated again before they can use their items. They will find that many of their items cannot be equipped because requirements have changed. Some gems have changed colour. Many mods will have been rerolled or removed. In general, the Legacy league will be a bit of a mess for a while, but will at least allow people to keep their old characters through the changes we made.

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2011-09-30/dev-diary-patch-0-9-3
Legacy league is where you go after short term league ends

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info