Idea: Exchange Skill Gems For Other Skill Gems

I have a whole bunch of skill gems that my character can't use filling up my stash.

So I was thinking, it'd be great if I could exchange those gems for other gems that my character can actually use.

Maybe something like an 'exchange 2 gems for 1 gem of your choice' kinda deal.

Watchya think?
Defeats the purpose of trading between players.
"
Kavlor wrote:
Defeats the purpose of trading between players.

Yup, that's the whole idea. It gives solo players (who don't want to interact with other players) the option to trade for the gems they need, without having to go through the horrors of dealing with other players :)
Nah, people could just farm cheaper Gems and get good ones easy without trading or finding.
Build a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life.
I guess you're a Sacred player?

Trade 2 gems for a random one
Trade 3 gems for one of a specific colour
Trade 4 gems for a specific gem

Could do something like that, but only allow them to be traded for certain ones, eg fireballs (level 2 requirement) cant be traded for gems with level 10+ requirements, stuff like that.

Personally, I think it's better to either farm for them and have multiple characters if you want to stay totally solo ... or just trade :)
Sorry for bumping it.

How about a public in-game "auctions" system?

I am thinking on Aardawolf or other MUDs auctions systems. People in the same instance/channel/something can offer a gem for an auction. The best offer gets it, with a minimum specified by the auctioneer.

Just it.

This system reduce the interaction with other players for the solo players but keep all the interaction and trading for the normal players as it is right now.

It is also provides a quick and accessible way to dispose the extra gems.

Should I make a thread with it?
They already have in mind how their trade system will work, but they haven't revealed the details yet. The only thing we know for certain is that it will involve the website. I think you will be able to complete trades without even signing into the game. I am not sure exactly if there will be a auction house or similar through the website. More likely, they will encourage players to barter in some way.

edit: Here is an actual quotation from the beta manifesto
"
Player-player Trading:
We have large trade-system plans that are underway. Although we haven't discussed the specifics publicly yet, we've mentioned that it's integrated with the website. Our plan is that people can trade items without having to load the game client (good luck getting any work or study done now!)
Last edited by Britannicus on Apr 8, 2012, 6:25:49 PM
"
Britannicus wrote:
They already have in mind how their trade system will work, but they haven't revealed the details yet. The only thing we know for certain is that it will involve the website. I think you will be able to complete trades without even signing into the game. I am not sure exactly if there will be a auction house or similar through the website. More likely, they will encourage players to barter in some way.

edit: Here is an actual quotation from the beta manifesto
"
Player-player Trading:
We have large trade-system plans that are underway. Although we haven't discussed the specifics publicly yet, we've mentioned that it's integrated with the website. Our plan is that people can trade items without having to load the game client (good luck getting any work or study done now!)

D:

I lurk this forum too much as it is, my life is ruined.
What's about some sort of gambling with the skill gems? Pay 5 skill gems to gain a random new one?
Sounds good to me given that you get the same 10 gems as quest reward over and over again during your heroes playthrough even if you don't need them anymore or they don't fit your build. It also helps when you find another no quality starter gem that no one needs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info