Custom Leagues. When? Take my money!!!

I've also posted this on Reddit for greater exposure, but could we get an update on this long awaited feature?

Feature that has been in the pipeline for some time...

http://geekparty.com/path-of-exiles-chris-wilson-on-microtransactions-and-pay-to-win/

"
We’re still planning to allow players to pay to create custom leagues. This is an area that we’re focusing on once we have the October release out of the way. Our focus on release is content rather than monetization, so we haven’t created many new microtransactions to release at the same time. There’s a whole lot of content and new features though.

IMO custom leagues could be good for POE player retention. New 4 month leagues and content get players returning to the game, but custom leagues could keep them playing during the drop-off 2 months in.

They don't need to have stacks of league modifiers or options, but the ability to simply create your own short term league for your guild, for friends or for a region would help keep things fresh while adding more $$$ to GGG's coffers.

I would be happy with a simple option to create a Custom League based on one of Standard, Hardcore, Ambush or the Invasion rule sets (or even cut-throat). The duration could be anywhere from 1 hour to 2 weeks or from a pre-defined list. IDC what happens to characters afterwards (merge back to parent league or voided), but it is an opportunity to create social contests and bragging rights.

It would be great to host a guild event in a custom league and issue out guild prizes.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
SoonTM
Custom leagues would further divide players, forcing people into "SFL"-esque leagues, as many high tier uniques or nice rates would be impossible to buy. Every league would become Hardcore (player wise) as there are too many options. New players would think the game is dead. There are also probably many subtleties that make it difficult without modifying base files on the server, making it difficult or time consuming to make a panel that can modify those values easily.

It would be similar to races in ways, but 100% dynamic. Difficult to code. Also, there's be a very high donation threshold (maybe 500+, maybe 1000+) to make such and instance. Too many people would complain about the league, which GGG has no control over, not being tuned as they wish. Would it end out being constantly changed, creating downtime, as restarts would be required? There are too many problems with custom leagues, as there are unforeseen bugs which may occur (mass crashing of server if base IIQ exceeds x value). People also wouldn't want limitations, causing more whining, even when these limitations are for their sake.

Custom leagues for in-between play though, would be a great idea. I'd love to see a softcore 2week (race?) aside from the standard hardcore races. I am very much lacking skill and practice wise to be able to even remotely compete, while some of my softcore groups could be in the top 100 or so. Wouldn't even care if there were rewards.

TL;DR: Shitty idea which will never get implemented. (To be harsh)
Last edited by PhysoniumI on May 21, 2014, 9:50:45 AM
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Custom leagues would further divide players, forcing people into "SFL"-esque leagues, as many high tier uniques or nice rates would be impossible to buy. Every league would become Hardcore (player wise) as there are too many options. New players would think the game is dead. There are also probably many subtleties that make it difficult without modifying base files on the server, making it difficult or time consuming to make a panel that can modify those values easily.

It would be similar to races in ways, but 100% dynamic. Difficult to code. Also, there's be a very high donation threshold (maybe 500+, maybe 1000+) to make such and instance. Too many people would complain about the league, which GGG has no control over, not being tuned as they wish. Would it end out being constantly changed, creating downtime, as restarts would be required? There are too many problems with custom leagues, as there are unforeseen bugs which may occur (mass crashing of server if base IIQ exceeds x value). People also wouldn't want limitations, causing more whining, even when these limitations are for their sake.

Custom leagues for in-between play though, would be a great idea. I'd love to see a softcore 2week (race?) aside from the standard hardcore races. I am very much lacking skill and practice wise to be able to even remotely compete, while some of my softcore groups could be in the top 100 or so. Wouldn't even care if there were rewards.

TL;DR: Shitty idea which will never get implemented. (To be harsh)

Lol. You are wrong. They are already working on custom leagues aka paid leagues. Theyre just working out the kinks.
Do we have any conclusive evidence besides one statement, not on the main site?
In an email I sent to Chris asking about this, he stated it was still a work in progress. This was 2-3 months ago. For me, it's the #1 feature I'm looking forward to.
Yeah. A project like that I'm guessing they're only putting effort into it when they have extra time available. I'd look forward to it, depending on how it's eventually rolled out.
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Do we have any conclusive evidence besides one statement, not on the main site?

It's mentioned on the official leagues page.
Yeah, lets not do custom leagues so people who quit, quit forever. And in couple years poe player-base will probably be around 500 people. This game has so much potential with this races and leagues, and all this is wasted for nothing. 'Dividing-playerbase', haha. Soon, there will be nothing to divide.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
Yeah, lets not do custom leagues so people who quit, quit forever. And in couple years poe player-base will probably be around 500 people. This game has so much potential with this races and leagues, and all this is wasted for nothing. 'Dividing-playerbase', haha. Soon, there will be nothing to divide.

Dont go overboard on this. Even without races POE would have a lot of going for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info