Smite thee with holy fire?!

Since I've nearly finished playing through the game my first time I was starting to think about my second character. At the moment i'm playing a life leach/regen Marauder mit 2h Mace so I am trying to stay away from doing the same with the templar.

So my general idea was: 1h Weapon ( in this case Axe, although maybe I'll switch to mace to conserve points)+shield. The defence should be a combination of armor an blocking, while the offense is combined Axecutting ( Cleave probably?) and fire spells. Yeah, I like burning things. Especially with a lot of fire.

This is the skilltree I thought of, the order is as follows:

1. Start of at Mana Regeneration and go for Prestidigiation.
2. Collect the Templar Life bonusses for easier survival, inlcuding Swashbuckler for first damage boost.
3. Go for Resolute Technique to get rid of accuracy problems.
4. Increase survivability by taking the marauders elemental resistance nodes.
5. Either go for Agility+Axe Nodes+Splitting Strikes or onwards to Shield Nodes+Shield Mastery or Fire Damage Nodes +Elementalist+Pyromaniac (dependend on what I'll need more at that point)
6+7. Take the reamining two of 5); again dependend on what is needed.
8. Go for Body & Soul and the Armor/Energy Shield Nodes.
9. Go for Avoid Cast Interruption.

Well, thats it in theory. Still got a lot of Points left over but those can be put where need may be ( more Mana, Int, strength, Axe Damage...).

What do you guys thing? In theory I kind of like it, but I have nearly no experience whether something like this is viable at all. Especially since it'll take some time until I got all those Skill points needed for the build.

I haven't really thought about gear yet, so I'll leave that out. Obiously the build needs items with red and blue gem slots, high dps 1h Axe etc. You know the drill.
Last edited by Bardoseth on Feb 1, 2013, 8:57:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info