Searing Bond and Spell Damage

Does spell damage increases searing bond damage? I do not see the tooltip go up but we all know never to trust tool tips.

When I use a scepter with elemental damage increase I see the tooltip update to reflect it but not spell damage. Although searing bond is tagged with as spell
no. Searing bond deals degeneration damage (DoT), which is different base damage type and is never supported by spell damage modifiers
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on May 11, 2014, 3:43:35 AM
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Searing_Bond
ahhh ok awesome. I am guessing the spell tag is there which means spell cast speed affects the rate of which how fast you can put out totems but not damage ticks
Last edited by radmanvr on May 11, 2014, 3:59:46 AM
"
radmanvr wrote:
ahhh ok awesome. I am guessing the spell tag is there which means spell cast speed affects the rate of which how fast you can put out totems but not damage ticks

Technically it's a spell effect, anything that doesn't do weapon damage is a spell, however, a spell might not have 'spell' damage type or might not do damage at all.

As a reminder, there are four basic damage types in PoE, and any damage you do must be one and only one of those.
attack
spell
secondary (not attack nor spell)
damage over time (doesn't hit)

For instance, explosive arrow direct hits do weapon damage so must be attacks, but detonations are secondary damage, ethereal knives does spell damage even though it's physical, and detonate dead and shockwave totem are spell effects that don't do spell damage (secondary).

Tags are there to loosely describe the nature of the skill and indicate which supports work with it, they aren't perfectly accurate.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
last thing to add: DoTs in PoE dont "tick", they work like negative regeneration
Thanks everyone for the info.

Ok so this is what I think. The totem is a spell casting it is a spell. Since it doesn't do damage when you cast it. It is not affected by spell damage.

The laser beam that comes out is casted by the totem and not me therefore its not affected by spell damage. That's my logic anyways.

Its cool to know that elemental damage works. So I guess I am going scepter
"
radmanvr wrote:

The laser beam that comes out is casted by the totem and not me therefore its not affected by spell damage. That's my logic anyways.

seems logic, but its not the case. Totems use your stats so they are in many cases supported by spell damage. The reason SB is not is that it deals damage over time (see raics´s post)
Last edited by Ludvator on May 11, 2014, 1:11:45 PM
Oh ok. What if I used flame totem or spell totem linked with freezing pulse or something
"
radmanvr wrote:
Oh ok. What if I used flame totem or spell totem linked with freezing pulse or something

yea, those deal spell damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info