Vaal Haste

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 11:29:36 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:29:49 PM

I'm really enjoying Vaal Haste so far. By the time I encounter a map boss, or something tough, I can trigger it and get a quick 15 percent damage boost, on average. With increased duration, I'm getting close to 10 seconds out of it. I knew I should've leveled an increased duration.
Last edited by butteryone on May 1, 2014, 2:18:57 PM
I have question about this. It says 24 souls per use, but I'm having to get double that, or, 48 souls to get a use out of it. Same goes for Vaal discipline. Is there an error on the gem description or am I just confused on how the new vaal gems work... I just recently returned after a few months.

edit: NVM... tied to difficulty. Gotcha.
Last edited by butteryone on May 1, 2014, 2:33:12 PM
What is the quality bonus? AOE like the normal Haste Aura?
Last edited by __SirPuFFaLoT__ on May 1, 2014, 8:07:55 PM
Very nice buff. Vaal Haste + Increased Duration + Vaal Lightning Strike = best combo ever to quickly burst down invaders.

"

Pretty sure Vaal Gems can't have any quality.
Pants of Textile
Last edited by nikals on May 2, 2014, 6:21:37 AM
"
nikals wrote:
Very nice buff. Vaal Haste + Increased Duration + Vaal Lightning Strike = best combo ever to quickly burst down invaders.

"

Pretty sure Vaal Gems can't have any quality.

Yes, the quality gives them AoE.

Yes, they can have quality. There is actually a guaranteed way to get this: open a +1 vaal gem +X% quality strongbox on Ambush. Otherwise, you can corrupt a non-vaal version with quality. Take a peek at what is for sale, you will see lots of quality vaal gems.
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on May 2, 2014, 4:07:49 PM
I love vaal haste. Good work on this gem. Excellent for farming with discharge.
This is a great skill. Feels perfecly balanced as well. You can get 10 seconds or more out of it when linked with increased duration. Duration could be slightly increased i suppose but it's no big deal.

I use it on my summoner and will likely use it on more charachters in the future.

To answer other users wondering about quality.
There is another quaranteed way of adding quality to any gem. Just link it with enhance.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Enhance

I suppose that's my feed back on this gem. I like it and am using it.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 4, 2014, 5:42:55 PM
Damn, Vaal Haste doesn't work with CWDT.
"
butteryone wrote:
I have question about this. It says 24 souls per use, but I'm having to get double that, or, 48 souls to get a use out of it. Same goes for Vaal discipline. Is there an error on the gem description or am I just confused on how the new vaal gems work... I just recently returned after a few months.

edit: NVM... tied to difficulty. Gotcha.

They doubled the amount of souls required for Merciles for balancing purposes. If they don't do that you'll be able to collect 24 souls before Vaal Haste expires, making it OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info