What support gems to use with Vaal Summon Skeletons

Colours are BBRR.
I was thinking at least empower (which would also get +1 level...).

The blue socket has many options (minion speed, dmg) but I'm having issues with coming up with a decent red one. I use Queen's decree on weapon swap to make this Vaal skill a near win-button against invaders and other bosses so increased duration won't work too well (would make skeletons last 70 seconds instead of 60 so not much difference).
I've been rolling with + minion resistance gem for now since that's the only decent one I got but I'm not sure what the initial resistance of a skeleton is so hard to know what the ele dmg mitigation would be.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Matlock0 on Apr 23, 2014, 9:03:51 PM
You can go with more phys damage, splash and multi strike since most of your summons will be melee.

Added fire damage will help both the melee and the archers.

Life leech will help everyone. :)

I wonder if reduced mana cost will reduce the soul cost?

Also, you may want to leave them blank, because cost multipliers on the support gems will also increase the soul cost!

Lastly, thank you for mentioning Queen's Decree! I'm glad to hear it is helping you in some way. :)
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
"
ac429 wrote:

Also, you may want to leave them blank, because cost multipliers on the support gems will also increase the soul cost!

pretty sure it only increases the mana cost, i know the soul cost stays the same at least for vaal cyclone, double strike and groundslam even if you 5link it
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Apr 23, 2014, 9:24:23 PM
soul cost is still the same even if linked

support gems would be the usual suspects like multistrike, faster attack, melee physical dmg, melee splash... would depend on your build. but the trouble is it wont affect the skele mages tho and if the ROA general/Raging Spirit genreal? came out most of the gems are useless anyway

so its mostly for skele warriors

"
soul cost is still the same even if linked

support gems would be the usual suspects like multistrike, faster attack, melee physical dmg, melee splash... would depend on your build. but the trouble is it wont affect the skele mages tho and if the ROA general/Raging Spirit genreal? came out most of the gems are useless anyway

so its mostly for skele warriors

Probably end up slotting fire damage on it as it helps both archers and warriors.
I'm pretty sure it does impact soul cost. I'll log on tonight and double check/post screenshots.
"
ac429 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it does impact soul cost. I'll log on tonight and double check/post screenshots.
Mana multipliers from support gems have no effect on soul costs. Soul costs are only modified by difficulty.
I like Weapon Elemental Damage as it boosts the damage of both melee and ranged skellies. Also Increased Duration to keep the around a bit longer.
It itches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in my opinion best combo is:
Minion damage
Remote Mine
Inc duration.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ac429 wrote:
Mana multipliers from support gems have no effect on soul costs. Soul costs are only modified by difficulty.

Ahh, that would make sense. Thanks, Mark. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info