New 1.1.3 Skill: Convocation

cool so i have to wait 2 weeks to play this game again thanks for at least telling us
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
summoner crying all the time :D
also lmao @ everyone crying about buffing summoner

meanwhile we have immortal cycloners and RF builds soloing atziri without a problem and elemental buzzsaw builds melt maps while sleeping, meanwhile summoners get their only source of DPS gimped by awful AI
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
I'm so sick of all the people that say they need to stop spoiling summoner, stop working on summoners, fix summoner snapshot. Enough of it. There was a good reason players reacted to the removal of smoke mine.

How would you like it if you had to spend 25+ passive points to get your minions, and use uniques to add more summons, and not be able to use them at all times? The way the game is now, without smoke mine is downright broken and unfair.

If you played a summoner you would know that as well.

Next update maybe GGG should troll other builds by having some passive points randomly stop functioning and having some stats on uniques stop working from time to time, just so they too could understand the level of frustration.

I'm sick of reading comments of other players that haven't got the slightest idea of what's going on.

Even top streamers that players respect and look up to have said the change was unfair, and if they had to do the change, they should have added a different fix to replace the skill.

Right now summoners have lost their ability to walk, that is how I feel about it, and that is the exact same wording they used on the latest discussion on the podcast "State of Exile".

No one that knows how much this is hurting summoners can argue against that.

GGG should give players the ability to use smoke mine until the fix is ready to replace it. Players should not have to wait two more weeks in order to play the build to it's fullest potential. I don't think it was intended when they made the build to have your summons randomly show up when they feel like it.

I won't be able to play the game for two weeks as it is now. If they can't figure out a solution to make the build playable in the meantime, I will most likely join the others that already abandoned the build.
Not sure why people were complaining about the change to Smoke Mine.

Never had to use Smoke mine as my 83 Summoner and can roll any map up to 76 Rares (as I haven't gotten any higher level maps since swapping over to Ambush).

Although this new healing skill looks pretty cool, may come in handy with double Temple Piety.
IGN shdowe
"
When designing this skill, we had the following goals:

1) To provide another way to heal minions, in addition to the current flask mod and totems that people use.
2) To allow situational recall of minions when it's strategically useful (for example, as a meat shield, or when you benefit from them being nearby).
3) As a solution for people to recover minions that are stuck behind terrain. While running a certain distance away from them will recall them, it's useful to have an on-demand way to do this.
4) To limit abuse cases by putting the skill on an eight-second cooldown. It's useful for the above reasons but doesn't allow you to teleport your minions to you every second.
5) To introduce this skill as soon as we could after the recent functional change to Smoke Mine.

first - i agree with all that have said 'fix snapshot' and 'balance now instead of throwing new content'. newest content (uniques/corrupted bosses/act3x/exiles!) is terribly balanced and from distance looks as rushed and never playtested. how windripper and mjolnir got into the game.. it only shows absolute lack of control over the 'balance situation'. it is rocking boat right now and sensible people dont enjoy riding such crafts.

as for the skill
1) not needed. minions are 100% hp or dead. you added minion life leech to the tree with life regen. really do not understand why you think minion healing needs anything. this is not needed. and if implemented - check how many 'of Animation' flasks people create. i think 'none'
2) this was the very reason you nerfed it - getting invulnerable with Evangelists and then escaping atziri AOE. does Reduced Duration cut the cooldown of this one?
3) could have been done by applying 8s cooldown to smoke mine. all players that use it currently, all 2 of them, would not mind
4) hopefully, but see 3)
5) see 3

also - will you revert minion 'combat AI'? current one is much worse than the old one.

in short: you changed one skill and are introducing another because Evangelists (and all other mobs from act3x) were not playtested and rushed into the game. any binary defense mechanic (invulnerability) will be abused to the fullest and introduction of Evangelists bubble have consequences that were very easy to foresee. Evangelists are still going to be 1st spectre choice because they prevent you from dying in a 1shot designed game.
Thanks GGG, for putting put a swift enough end to all the crying summoners. Not all summoners are crying btw, but the ones who are, are pretty annoying.

"
p00phAmmeR wrote:
cool so i have to wait 2 weeks to play this game again thanks for at least telling us

I know plenty of summoners who are playing just fine, enjoying the game and not bitching about the nerf. Get over it, change things up and get back to playing.

[Post Edited by Support]
Ign - Nef_Reave
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Apr 18, 2014, 1:14:54 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
When designing this skill, we had the following goals:

1) To provide another way to heal minions, in addition to the current flask mod and totems that people use.
2) To allow situational recall of minions when it's strategically useful (for example, as a meat shield, or when you benefit from them being nearby).
3) As a solution for people to recover minions that are stuck behind terrain. While running a certain distance away from them will recall them, it's useful to have an on-demand way to do this.
4) To limit abuse cases by putting the skill on an eight-second cooldown. It's useful for the above reasons but doesn't allow you to teleport your minions to you every second.
5) To introduce this skill as soon as we could after the recent functional change to Smoke Mine.

first - i agree with all that have said 'fix snapshot' and 'balance now instead of throwing new content'. newest content (uniques/corrupted bosses/act3x/exiles!) is terribly balanced and from distance looks as rushed and never playtested. how windripper and mjolnir got into the game.. it only shows absolute lack of control over the 'balance situation'. it is rocking boat right now and sensible people dont enjoy riding such crafts.

as for the skill
1) not needed. minions are 100% hp or dead. you added minion life leech to the tree with life regen. really do not understand why you think minion healing needs anything. this is not needed. and if implemented - check how many 'of Animation' flasks people create. i think 'none'
2) this was the very reason you nerfed it - getting invulnerable with Evangelists and then escaping atziri AOE. does Reduced Duration cut the cooldown of this one?
3) could have been done by applying 8s cooldown to smoke mine. all players that use it currently, all 2 of them, would not mind
4) hopefully, but see 3)
5) see 3

also - will you revert minion 'combat AI'? current one is much worse than the old one.

in short: you changed one skill and are introducing another because Evangelists (and all other mobs from act3x) were not playtested and rushed into the game. any binary defense mechanic (invulnerability) will be abused to the fullest and introduction of Evangelists bubble have consequences that were very easy to foresee. Evangelists are still going to be 1st spectre choice because they prevent you from dying in a 1shot designed game.

this
This is too much for me to handle.

I don't want to voice my opinion on how much this is hurting the game, only to be called an idiot by others that don't even suffer from the change.

If it does not concern your build, why do you feel the need to antagonize the ones that feel strongly about the change? It only causes more of an uproar.

It is frustrating to not he heard and understood. And without having the option to play my build to it's fullest for two more weeks have made me more turned off by the way GGG handled this situation.

If I read one more comment of summoners acting like 5 year old's, or someone telling me to shut up, or calling me an idiot, I will leave the game.

The community have become so poisonous and mean, I can't even read one topic anymore without seeing someone posting something just to troll.

This added with some of the decisions GGG have made lately is just too much to handle.

If you don't have the slightest idea why this is hurting summoners, then please refrain from telling the ones that do to stop crying about it. You obviously haven't got the slightest idea.

GGG don't be concern with people saying that this game need additional balancing. Its not your fault they fail at your game ..

Forever Grateful

TheDeadEndKing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info