What range of items can mobs in a specific zone drop?

I read the mechanics thread, but this still isn't clear to me.

Let's pretend I want to farm hundreds more of this white wand item to chance orb a unique.

It says level 30 required on it. Is this also the level required for a mob to drop this item?

If I farm level 40, 50, 60 zones or higher level maps, will this item still drop at those higher levels? Or would I have to go back down to a level 30ish zone to farm it?
Yes and No.

The requirement level is related to the mob level, but only for use wise, so you won't get a level 65 requirement item while in level 40 zone.

But there's no restriction at higher level, just lower drop rate.

For example, at higher level area, you can still see item with low level requirement dropping, though very rare. And most of the time the item dropped has no use for you. (I know this because I have farmed for low str requirement 2h staff for my shadow, hoping to get 5s or 6s on it)

The mob level is more related to the item level of the loots.

By typing /itemlevel while having an item picked up on your cursor, you will see the said item's ilvl.

Mob can only drop ilvl of their area level, blue gets a +1, rare/unique gets a +2.

The item level is what decide the prefix/suffix/number of sockets that can be appear on the item.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Last edited by wxyjac on Jan 31, 2013, 3:58:38 PM
rLvl = 30, so you would need to kill monsters of at least level 30 to have a chance to get one.

Rare/unique monsters in a 28 map
Blue mobs in a 29 map
Any source in a 30 map

iLvl = Lvl of monster that dropped it, MapLvl if from container.

Higher level areas can still drop the item, but at lower odds since the possible item pool is larger. Since higher iLvl means the item can roll higher affixes, the rolls may bring the item rLvl higher than you intend though.
"
Zanarhi wrote:
rLvl = 30, so you would need to kill monsters of at least level 30 to have a chance to get one.

Rare/unique monsters in a 28 map
Blue mobs in a 29 map
Any source in a 30 map

iLvl = Lvl of monster that dropped it, MapLvl if from container.

Higher level areas can still drop the item, but at lower odds since the possible item pool is larger. Since higher iLvl means the item can roll higher affixes, the rolls may bring the item rLvl higher than you intend though.

So in theory one could find a Quill Rain (unique bow based on reqlvl 5 short bow) in a level 50 area? The chance would just be astronomically small?

Not that it would have an effect on the modifiers since from what I understand they are fixed for uniques, but you could then roll a 6L Quill Rain no?

Some confusion here, hope someone knows.
"
zankioh wrote:
So in theory one could find a Quill Rain (unique bow based on reqlvl 5 short bow) in a level 50 area? The chance would just be astronomically small?

not only in theory:

"
zankioh wrote:
Not that it would have an effect on the modifiers since from what I understand they are fixed for uniques, but you could then roll a 6L Quill Rain no?

Yes - thats exactly the purpose and intention on trying to catch uniques (that can have sockets) at the highest possible itemlevel ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Feb 6, 2013, 3:17:49 AM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
zankioh wrote:

not only in theory:

"
zankioh wrote:

Yes - thats exactly the purpose and intention on trying to catch uniques (that can have sockets) at the highest possible itemlevel ;)

Great, thanks for clearing that up for me. That's actually quite interesting and makes high iLvL-low-reqLvl uniques pretty interesting I could imagine. Learn something new every day :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info