How exactly IIQ works in party, GGG?

We read in the wiki that IIQ gear bonus from players is added for the entire party, also adding party bonus, and that IIQ is same for everyone in the party.

So, as example, we make a party of three players, each one with 100 bonus IIQ from gear, will we have 320 bonus IIQ for everyone in the party?

Is there some IIQ cap for this bonus? Did GGG confirm it in the past, or can confirm it now?
Last edited by Fasgort on Apr 15, 2014, 3:49:50 PM
added IIQ for each party member affects every person in the party. nothing is combined, no ones IIQ from gear affects any other person
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
"
kaarelo wrote:
added IIQ for each party member affects every person in the party. nothing is combined, no ones IIQ from gear affects any other person

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Partying#Effect_on_Loot

"
All party members share the same quantity modifier. [citation needed] Players add their item quantity modifiers together and any modifiers from maps, and each player after the first adds a bonus +10% Increased item quantity and 40% Increased item rarity to the party. (For Gems and Currency items, party members add 50% Increased item quantity and 0% Increased item rarity.) Increased item rarity modifiers are only counted from the player who lands the killing blow.

The wiki says a totally different thing.
Last edited by Fasgort on Apr 15, 2014, 4:12:24 PM
Also, I recall that in one of the patches released after the 1.0.0 (I don't feel like looking for the exact one) party member bonus also adds on IIR, meaning, its not the old 25% IIQ per extra player in the map, but the 25% is split between IIQ and IIR.
"Hey man, nice shot"
Brisa guild leader,
"All challenges" seeker.
At the moment after 1.0.0 it's 10IIQ & 40 IIR per member after the first, adds to the MF of the player who cull the mob.

The 50 IIQ per member after the first is pre-release and outdated.

Highly positive on this one.
"
0versky wrote:
At the moment after 1.0.0 it's 10IIQ & 40 IIR per member after the first, adds to the MF of the player who cull the mob.

The 50 IIQ per member after the first is pre-release and outdated.

Highly positive on this one.

Alright, that seems a complete answear.
Mechanics is kinda funky to be honest. The more players in the party, the more rares you get but the less portal you have, so I am at 440/140 with my Windripper/split arrow/culling archer, it hurts to see so many rares left behind. I check them all, but hey, I love alterations don't you?
"Hey man, nice shot"
Brisa guild leader,
"All challenges" seeker.
So, Player A has DPS and survivability gear and does all the killing. Player B has a lot of item quentity in his gear, sticks together with player A but doesnt kill anything. Player A will get all that item quantity bonus from player B? Did i get it right?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Honestly + 10% IIQ per each additional player is a JOKE. It's online game and game mechanic should encourage ppl to play in group, it should be at least 50% per additional player in party, it wouldn't hurt anyone 'cos 99,9999999999% of items dropped by monsters are a poor shit. So no difference if you drop 1100 or 1500 shitty rares.
They made the change because having a high IIQ modifier per additional player made the amount of white items drop completely ridiculous in any group, to the point where it was annoying to even pick out Orbs and Rares even though they are colored differently.

In theory, having IIR instead of IIQ will approximately mean parties drop the same number of rares/uniques as with high IIQ, just without the stupid amount of white and blue garbage that no one cared about. Obviously in practice this may not be true, and it affect orb and vendor recipe fodder like 6S and RGB, but it's a lot better than the giant sea of trash we had to wade through in the past.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info