Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Need new build idea.

So I just got to a point in a build I was playing (1h sword Reave Marauder) where it started to slow down, and decided to stop with that character and go to another build in search of something that's maybe more flashy/quick/MFable. All around more fun to play.

A few ideas I had been considering were

A discharger, something that clears mobs and looks good at the same time.
POWERBOMB (1.1 UPDATED) -- AOE DISCHARGER--- CI-- FASTEST CLEARS AROUND

A flicker striker. Haven't really found a guide I liked for this yet, sadly.

Righteous Fire. Build seems kinda okay, not too sure about the setbacks, like not being RF till level 65, and expensive shield, and possibly how fast the gameplay is, haven't really watched too much RF stuff.

I was also thinking about some dual Arc/Storm call totem based build (there's one for witch) but I think it wouldn't suit my faster playstyle.

So yeah I'm looking for something that is fun to play, something that doesn't have to stay around for long to kill all the mobs. I like moving fast.

Here's some notable gear I have that could point to a certain build:

Spoiler

Some gears. Found a nice qual Discharge the other day, that along with a 5l Voll's could make for a good Discharge build...Not too sure how difficult it would be to gear, however. I'm not too great at the whole gearing situation, like maxing resists and keeping an eye out for the right stats.
Discharger.

You will not be disappointed.

I absolutely love my discharger and you pretty much cannot clear maps faster than what I am doing right now.

Gear:

Spoiler

Build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcFfQ5IES8RlhVQFdcWvxcvHRQeGh8CJLAnqSpbLJwsvy0fL282PTbFO-E9X0NjRwZMNUyzUDBQQlJTVa5V1lZjVupY9V3yXypfamHiY0Nk52ZPZp5tGXBScFZwu3DVcU10VXzOf8aApIFJhq6G0YfbiEKIa4w2j0aQG5eVl_SZmpoTms-do53Eoi6io6XLpwinK6c0sji0OLVItve3McBRwcXB88Lsw23SGdbR14bYJNkT217b1N6w4vfjguOE5RnnC-tj6-TsGPId8uHz6vrS_Kv_kw==

You can also add some MF for soloing to the build. The only piece you really need to keep is the chest. What I do is I swap out crit damage and increased aoe and i put iir and iiq gems in there. I can also switch out some other gear with mf on it. I only hit around 350/60 but that's while 1 shotting everything and sailing through maps at the fastest rate possible.

The major drawback is that after the Vaal Pact nerf, I pretty much destroy myself on all reflect mobs so ele reflect is still an issue. I just skip the mobs though...
D3 sucks
Last edited by Sprongley on Mar 30, 2014, 4:28:24 PM
See that's mostly my only problem with Discharge builds. They die easily to reflect. They do look really cool though. My other problem is I only have a 5l Voll's, not too sure how much this'd effect the build, and then how long would it take to obtain a 6l considering my experience with trading. X_x

Also the other big question with Discharge is Self cast vs. CoC...both builds look fun, I'm just so indecisive. :P

EDIT: Wouldn't one version be more gear/currency dependant than the other?

EDIT2: Looked at Voll's Amulet prices, 20-25ex price. No way will I be able to afford that, even by the time I reach 85. Gragh.
Last edited by sam6555 on Mar 30, 2014, 7:56:16 PM
I saw a flicker strike build the other day that involved lots of teleporting around and spazzing through areas. Have you looked at PewPew's Flicker Strike Build? It seems pretty simple: get a few frenzy charges and hold down the flicker strike button for a while. Might be even more effective with culling strike + MF in parties, seeing that you'll essentially death-touch most mobs and let it rain.

Also, dual/triple Storm Call builds have displayed nothing but OP fun in videos, so maybe you stumbled upon a few slower DPS builds? Faster casting means more shock stacks, plus it's reflect-safe. SebyTheDragon's Triple Storm Call build seems like an alright place to start.

I'm not sure if these are helpful but you seem to be the fast-paced type and if anything you can tweak these builds to suit a playstyle that's comfortable for you.
Last edited by SolarLynian on Mar 30, 2014, 10:51:20 PM
Started the lightning totem yesterday. Shouldn't take too long to reach merc and get the build to a working position. Probably just gonna use Tabula till I can get a hold of a Soul Mantle.

If this Totem build doesn't work out too well for me, I'll probably give the Flicker build you linked a go. I saw it a while ago and got discouraged by the bit at the top where the author sounds like he's gonna abandon the character, but now I see he's back into it I'll probably go for it in a bit. I have most of the recommended uniques Mightflay/Blood Dance/BoR and other decent melee items so I should be good to go from the start. It might actually be better for me to play the Flicker now instead of the totem...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info