Ice Spear vs Freeze Pulse

I'm building a cold crit witch and was wondering what spell is better to use overall as my main attack?

Also does freeze pulse + multiple projectiles do 3 times the damage at close range since it seems the freeze pulse waves seem to overlap
I like FP better, although you can make an effective ice spear build also (many have done this, with totems Or self casting).

Freezing pulse does shotgun, yes. With GMP, you can have all 5 projectiles hit one enemy, and if one crits they all do. You'll also want to consider getting a very high critical chance, which helps a ton with FP. Also having two curses makes it like night and day.

But overall they are both good, I just prefer FP. Using ice spear for single target works well with FP too. Or, you can use ice spear with power charge on critical and blind, as a support skill. That works very well since ice spear crits much more than any other skill at longer ranges. Just throw GMP on also, and keep ice spear at level 1 if you are just using it for charges (crit chance for FP) and blinding (helps a TON, especially if you enfeeble enemies).

You can even use cast when damage taken, ice spear, power charge on crit, and blind. Then you won't even have to cast it, and you'll get charges and blind anything that hits you.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Mar 11, 2014, 9:46:27 PM
"
BoltThrower87 wrote:

But overall they are both good, I just prefer FP. Using ice spear for single target works well with FP too. Or, you can use ice spear with power charge on critical and blind, as a support skill. That works very well since ice spear crits much more than any other skill at longer ranges. Just throw GMP on also, and keep ice spear at level 1 if you are just using it for charges (crit chance for FP) and blinding (helps a TON, especially if you enfeeble enemies).

this is what i prefer
Why ask Why and start by denying before you have actually tried?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info