[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

"
I'm trying to understand why people choose some things over other things in the tree, so excuse me if this is a stupid question.

Up in the templar area you spend 6 points getting to Elementalist and Celestial Walker which grants you:
- 24% Elemental Damage
- 12% to all Resistances
- 52 Intelligence

Wouldn't it be better to take three 8% Totem Damage nodes and the three 8% X-Resistance +1% to Maximum Resistance nodes next to Diamond skin?
You'd only be sacrificing 52 int and 4% to all resistances in exchange for higher max res.

You come out very low on int this way. It can be balanced by gear but that's a lot of int to pick up. Additionally I picked up those 1%max/8% resist nodes after level 80, so if you take it past 80 it ends up the exact same.
Anyone try out Doryani's Invitation yet? Not sure if the loss of life on a rare belt would be worth it.
Currently level 63 with this build.

It's working like a CHARM
I did choose to get some more damage nodes early on and I'm currently going for the Troll's Blood node (1.5% life regen/sec)

Current gear:
Spoiler

Any tips on what to upgrade, besides my wands and Gloves (having a lot of trouble finding gloves with good dex..)
Current resists: 78/78/78/-44
Last edited by Wallwalker22 on May 27, 2014, 9:15:36 AM
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doon_Cuebiyari
(sorry idk how to link)

will it work well at maruder (~350str)?
but it only have 3 sockets ;/

btw. i already own Windscream boots
thanks so much for the guide... currently working on invasion (and in the next 4 monts hardcore leage) at lvl 45 whit very little to no trouble =)

i buy a
at lvl 40 and my damage when up like... sky high man, no life is a bit sad but resistances alone are wortit... even whit my 5.6% crit, the cast speed and LMP makes shocking very reliable (sometimes entire packs that just dissapier beneath the fires).

my current tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwLYRRxJy8n7SoTLKcu_zwtQYdKxEz_UFBVtVhjWfNaK18_YSFqO3KpeA14aXlohO-ezaIAog-j8qSspzCsqq9stz68n76KwQTEFcT2xYrGrsbY37_i6uOf6hjvDvAf8i_2rvcy-Ov56A==

i was forced to take the 30 int node near templar and makes my life so much easier.. i hope to respect out that when i work my way up purity of flesh, currently going for trolls blood (duelist area) and using a scepter and a dagger as weapons.
hi! great build!
I have one quick question about it! I am not sure if I missed it while reading about the guide.

For a weapon - is spell damage or elemental damage more important?

thanks,
"
Jynx71 wrote:
hi! great build!
I have one quick question about it! I am not sure if I missed it while reading about the guide.

For a weapon - is spell damage or elemental damage more important?

thanks,

for what i can tell, it should be the same, but i have no maths to back that up... on poe.xyz at least it's the same thing, i always look for "increased fire damamge" mod on weapons and takes both spell and elemental damage for the total.
Very pleasant buld : good job and thx for this work !!!
I made my version of build, could you please check if it viable enough:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/938229

Main difference is that I'm using Cybil's Paw + much block nodes, to get profit from using Cybil's Paw, so that this uniq gives me:
- spell dmg
- life gain on hit by totems, so they heal like crazy

*block also improving my survivability

The problem is that I spend too much nodes, which isn't really reachable for me in game.

And the playstyle wih totems (distance) + much block means that endurance charges will not be so useful...
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on May 31, 2014, 10:28:33 AM
Currently trying this. Works as advertised, but the bad surprise was that Flame Totem is very heavy on my graphic card and FPS drop significantly as soon as I cast one. Might be my computer that is a toastbox, but I think you should mention it in the build description.

Thanks for sharing the build anyway!
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info