Is it possible to tell if a corrupted gem is +1 level pre-20?

If you corrupt a gem that is less than level 20, is there any way to tell if it gained the +1 level mod?

I know at level 20 it would read 21(MAX) but what about a mid level gem?

Actually I just realized I could check the exp for current level vs the wiki.

This would be an example. The exp range is the same as the level 17 on the wiki.

I know it did something to the exp/level when I applied the orb. I wasnt paying close enough attention to say if the level went up or down or if it just reset the bar.
it is my understanding that corrupting a gem doesn't grant +max level.
it just grant +1 level.

that means that if you dont corrupt it from lvl20->lvl21, you can't ever reach lvl21. despite p.e. leveling it with corruption from lvl 16->17
I don't know if it increases the maximum level or just increases the level of the gem by 1. For example, I used a vaal orb on level 1 storm call and got

Will it cap out at 20 or 21 now?
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
shroudb wrote:
it is my understanding that corrupting a gem doesn't grant +max level.
it just grant +1 level.

that means that if you dont corrupt it from lvl20->lvl21, you can't ever reach lvl21. despite p.e. leveling it with corruption from lvl 16->17

I wondered about that. I havent tried to gain any exp with it yet.

Im not sure I would risk a 20/20 gem after seeing vaal orb's odds of giving crap.

What's the worst case on a gem? Down to level 1? -1 level?
"
lukeiy wrote:
I don't know if it increases the maximum level or just increases the level of the gem by 1. For example, I used a vaal orb on level 1 storm call and got

Will it cap out at 20 or 21 now?

Check the XP. It will cap at 20.
"
Fatalflaw wrote:

This would be an example. The exp range is the same as the level 17 on the wiki.

I know it did something to the exp/level when I applied the orb. I wasnt paying close enough attention to say if the level went up or down or if it just reset the bar.

When you corrupt leveled the gem, it simply brings it to the next level at 0%.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info