Melee Zealot Build

Hey guys, this is a build that I am currently working on which incorporates high One Handed Physical Damage as well as maintaining an even balance between solid Shield, Armour, Resistance and Health stats. I think you could run this with any One Handed weapon type, although, my preferred are Axes as the Axe trees seem to coalesce with the Shield as well as generally having good Attack Speeds which are a necessity.

In terms of Skill Gems I find that Heavy Strike works very well as a main ability for high single target damage and intertwines exceptionally well with Cleave to mop up those AoE encounters. Some other important Skills that should be utilized are Shield Charge to get to those slimy casters out back, as well as Warlord's Mark (AoE Curse) for Health/Mana steal if in a tight situation. I personally think that this build could be exceptional at End Game.

Finished Zealot Build using all 111 Skill Points - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREckA2I020-ZvsiuSvbOnVDPckJTwtxPY9D331TjL2VVn-F-Fu2FnzmG-SfeXPwBqQVaeEGjhmnqmVcH1PfYBWGjJRYJf-k9c9PptqZ5spLtSPud3yL-8OGS7ZYVcN-6qgtPMGcD4wGeeu5FGQdPcrKvYhAnuMG0WOv8EEeWgLYXgNWK_iYTB3lZtlpyb4NuhkoxpVayn_YdQSvlaVZwY5b4T7gXnA7tlhIRLhourvTl0AhO-bg1PfWNusr-eRw4aE2czbTGAEscqQmSsl3xv6pBnwH6IAFE0Esxhd

Cheers,
Zealtech
Any Opinions/Suggestions?
Im wishing you good luck, but I am afraid this will not work as good as you expect. You will probably miss energy shield, rezistances, armor and HP a lot. You are focusing too much on damage. Your problem wont be dmg given, but dmg taken :-) Im predicting you one hit KO in last difficulty. Try to balance it a little bit buddy.
"
Jirator wrote:
Im wishing you good luck, but I am afraid this will not work as good as you expect. You will probably miss energy shield, rezistances, armor and HP a lot. You are focusing too much on damage. Your problem wont be dmg given, but dmg taken :-) Im predicting you one hit KO in last difficulty. Try to balance it a little bit buddy.

Yeah I think I will go until its complete and analyze how it is at end game.... can always respec a few things anyway.
So far at level 47 my Heavy Strike DPS is 1257.8 and I pushed my Health up to 1052 which definitely helps.

Bump on thoughts
So far so good. Currently Level 58 with this build and have soloed up to Act 2 Merciless with moderate ease at the moment, stats are:

Life - 1856 - 7.8 Regen per sec
Mana - 448 - 7.2 Regen per sec
APS (Attacks per Second)- 2.16
Accuracy - 89%
Defence - 4918 Unbuffed - 5725 Buffed with Determination Aura
Damage Reduction - 49% Unbuffed - 55% Buffed with Determination Aura
Heavy Strike DPS - 2333.1
Cleave DPS - 1052.7
Fire Res - 42%
Lightning Res - 30%
Cold Res - 75%
Chaos Res - -46% :(
Chance to Block Attacks - 47%
Chance to Block Spells - 10%
Block Recovery - 42%

If you guys have any questions or are leveling your own Melee Templar please don't hesitate to post. Always good to see some melee builds that actually work for this class :)

Peace
Last edited by nicklaucht on Feb 8, 2013, 8:38:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info