A cry for help to all my brothers in arms in here

Hello forum,

I am new to this game and playing with a friend of mine and we're both exploring and enjoying this game together. However, I'm afraid I have messed up my passive skill tree build, and I'm a bit in the dark as to how, or if, it is possible to create a functioning build out of my weird setup. So it is my hope that someone in here can shine some light on my build and help me get back on a good path! Rerolling a new character is of course a possibility, but I would like to avoid it if possible.

My goal with my character was to be a b(e)acon for the enemies to be attracted to and punch repeatedly on while at the same time being able to hit them back with my chosen weapon and shield. But I have studied other builds in here and read a bit about it, and I think I have misstepped a bit in order to live up to that.

Here is my current build;
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0YXRo4I00yiTrYQDZEckbXTdhgbXflfVOBb4M4hMSLjIx2nYCePKIAp4S0-d0F4XPsOO0g73zwHw==

Any and all help is appreciated!
Last edited by Whakapapa on Jan 29, 2013, 6:39:58 AM
Much like in diablo 3, in the final difficulty no one can be a punching bag.

Tanking = Death

Even the very best melee players are using ground slam or lightning strike and kiting, effectively making them ranged.

Also Enduring, the taunt, only lasts for like a second.

As for your build aslong as you have some elemental damage like lightning strike or hatred it looks fine.

I would drop your reduntant points and head out twords shield block+shield resist/allres/armor

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0YXRo4I00yiUA2RHJG103YYG135YFvgziExIuMjHadgJ48ogCnhLT54XPsOO0g73zwH5BVwBpmnqmVUWAaMoBWT31xTZrPQ2O3MVj1ncQpT4KbV-I=
Last edited by spider0804 on Jan 29, 2013, 7:10:28 AM
Alright, I'm glad that it seems like I can use my build :) I do have lightning strike and I'm using it as my primary attack along with a curse that reduces lightning resistances. I was just a bit sad when I saw many neglecting to take the elemental damage added to attacks and instead went for just pure physical damage added. But I will truck on and try to correct my build a bit :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info