[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

I'm having issues with my resists.
I do well on random mobs but when it comes to map bosses, I die a few times against some of the faster trappers/elemental guys.

And, I cant use grace without dream fragments and a low level clarity...

was using this ring before.
ign: supersmuggy
Last edited by agureghian on Aug 27, 2014, 12:28:42 PM
get 2 rings with -8 mana cost of spells and st will be free
can anyone explain how EE is giving him this much bonus damage? i read on the wiki that if you hit with 2 elements at same time both will just get a +25% resist. so i don't understand
"
can anyone explain how EE is giving him this much bonus damage? i read on the wiki that if you hit with 2 elements at same time both will just get a +25% resist. so i don't understand

This is the author's reply a couple of pages back:

"
"If you hit an enemy with two different elements at the same time" means in one hit.

ST hit with lightning damage on weapon plus flat fire damage from a ring hit "at the same time".

2 different projectiles never hit at the same time. Even 5 shotgunned projectiles are not "at the same time" as far as the game processes that. Assume some 0.000001 sec delay between processor ticks.

Ideal scenario for us is: ST hits with lightning, then fireball hits with fire, then arctic breath hits with cold, then second fireball hits with fire etc. This way every fire and cold hit is made against -50 resists.

-50 resist effectively adds 50% to 200% more damage unless monster has negative or vastly overcapped resistance.
"
agureghian wrote:
I'm having issues with my resists.
I do well on random mobs but when it comes to map bosses, I die a few times against some of the faster trappers/elemental guys.

And, I cant use grace without dream fragments and a low level clarity...

was using this ring before.

1. Don't level up spectral throw. It's in the guide. Read it.
2. Drop clarity it's not needed anymore.
3. Get items with better resists.
4. Dream fragments is rather useless for this build. We evade/dodge/block 99% freeze attempts on us anyway.

"
"If you hit an enemy with two different elements at the same time" means in one hit.

This is why, with this build it is very important that you do not have any damage aura's or adds x fire/lightning/cold damage on your gear. As long as each individual hit is only doing one element of damage, EE will do wonders for you.
isnt that only assuming that each fire ball and arctic breath alternate exactly back and forth? how do we know the game doesnt first process all of the fireball hits then all of the arctic breath hits after that?

also I'm only lvl 66 atm. i tried to do the map but my dps just wasn't there. I'm not worried about that though with more accuracy (and 2 crit nodes left) and spell ranks that wont be a problem also only using a 4link atm(dirt poor) dps is not the problem I am worried about. Right now a whole pack of ele reflect i can shoot into no problem I don't have life leech but i do have 2 instant pots and for now thats good enough. I am worried about once i start doing really good damage will my instant pots be enough to keep me up through ele reflect or will I just instant die? (on beyond)
Last edited by mayainverse on Aug 28, 2014, 4:50:41 PM
I'm having a terrible time deciding between Scion and Shadow. I had a shadow last league that more or less followed this guide, and it worked awesome. However, Im intrigued by EE quite a bit. Does it make a huge difference VS shadow build not using it?
ST + CoC + GMP + Fireball + Arctic Breath + Ball Lightning = PC dead xD

I had a LvL 76 Char on Standard and totally forgot about him, played this build again (added Ball lightning) was awesome tho :P looks so nice

Edit: I started this build in the new League and im VERY unsure if i should continue with my Shadow or better start a Scion. I really dont know whats better after 1.2.0. It was Shadow for me before but now im very unsure, please help.
Last edited by Raikudou on Aug 29, 2014, 1:52:20 AM
"
Raikudou wrote:
ST + CoC + GMP + Fireball + Arctic Breath + Ball Lightning = PC dead xD

I had a LvL 76 Char on Standard and totally forgot about him, played this build again (added Ball lightning) was awesome tho :P looks so nice

Edit: I started this build in the new League and im VERY unsure if i should continue with my Shadow or better start a Scion. I really dont know whats better after 1.2.0. It was Shadow for me before but now im very unsure, please help.

what league are you in?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info