[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
aermehl wrote:
Hi,

i'm playing this build now at lvl 72 and just switched from conc effect to ek in a tabula rasa. any suggenstions on that? It seems to do more dmg for me

The real problem here is that it opens you up to physical reflect.

Edit: Also of note is the difference in range, no? EK is much shorter than your other spells, leading you to play much more dangerously. (most of the time it's fine... until it isn't.)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Mar 25, 2014, 7:53:23 PM
What is the best level of clarity?
"
fatboYYYY wrote:
What is the best level of clarity?

I have mine at lvl11 currently. It provides enough regen for you to spam pretty hard (you'll never oom unless you just sit there firing endlessly... don't do that! Move!) while still making it fairly easy to get enough of a mana pool to have all 3 auras on at once.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
I have the following question. I own a 6L shav and I was wondering of doing a "mixture" of this build and Flubby's Spectral Throw build. The idea is to run 6-7 auras (Discipline, Clarity, Grace, Wrath, Anger, Purity of Elements + Determination/Haste) and deal damage based on CoC procced spells as well as elemental damage from Auras.

I came up with the following passive tree:

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYAAv4FfQx9EHsQfxEvEZYZihqPHNwdqiSdJ6ko-imlKwotHy2DL2874TyOQsNGcUcGTLNOKlAwVi1W6lfJW69cil3yX2piWmNDbRlvnnBScFZwu3DVeOt713_GgwmIQohri3qMNo_6kBuTJ5XIlwaYrZmamhObtZ2joqOnK6x_tAy0OLTFtve4k7l8vjrAUcEAwcXB88LswzrDbcSixp7KStN-1U_ZE9sa217b1Nvn3ILdDd5334TfmOGI4vfjhOUZ5wrp_uq662Pr7uwY73ry4fPq9Uv22vsJ-_X8q_zF

6L Chest (Shav) would be:
ST + CoC + GMP + Arctic Breath + Fireball + Life Leech/LoH (all skills max lvl including ST)

For gaining Power Charges I would use 3L flicker strike + faster attacks + PCoC. Alternatively I could opt for removing Fireball or Arctic Breath from the 6L and putting there PCoC.

My main defense would be very armor thanks to running Grace + Determination + Iron Reflex + Flasks and some evasion turned into armor from gear. Additionally I would run 4L CwDT+Enduring Cry+Immortal Call+Molten Shell/Elemental Weakness.

Other skills: Whirling Blades for mobility and Blood Rage for attack speed buff.

Damage would be from two sources:

1) Proccing Arctic Breath and Fireball from CoC gem.
2) Elemental damage from passive buffed Wrath and Anger auras.
3) Blood Rage.
4) Elemental Equilibrium.

As far as gear is concerned I would run:

Shavronne's (for low life)
Prism Guardian or EV/ES shield
Alpha's Howl (no freeze, more auras) or ES helmet
Fast dagger with crit and spell power
Rainbowstride / Wondertrap (for MF)
ES gloves / Auresize or Sadima's Touch (MF)

What do you guys think of it? I know this drastically changes the build which is discussed in this thread but it is based on it so I want to know your opinions.

Alternatively, there is also an option to run Vaal Pact:

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYAAv4FfQx9EHsQfxEvEZYVIBmGGYoajxzcHaoknSepKPoppSo4Kk0rCizpLYMvbzvhPI4_J0LDRnFHBkrITipWLVbqV8lbr1yKXfJfamJaY0NtGW6qb55wUnBWcLtw1XvXf8aDCYhCiGuLeow2j_qQG5MnlciXBpitmZqaE5u1naOio6crqW6sR6x_tAy0OLTFtfK297iTvjrAUcEAwcXB88LswzrDbcSixp7KStN-1U_ZE9sa29Tb590N3nffhN-Y4Yji9-OE5Rnquuss62Pr7uwY8uHz6vVL9tr7Cfv1_Ks=
Last edited by Sidhee on Mar 26, 2014, 6:56:32 AM
I think my hp goals are pretty good I'm not really sure but using a claw + ungil's I have 1690 hp at lv 42 I'm sure I could get more if I had enough currency to spend on jewelry and boots that gave over 70 hp right now they're giving between 50-60

what are good hp goals to have before finishing off an act? from cruel to merciless.

on my lv 66 dual ungil's coc before i killed her, I had 2.6k hp almost 2.7k and that was in a3m

I thnk if i would have made it to dominus I would have had over 3k or 3.5k hp

what are good hp goals when using ungil's and a +15 loh claw ?
I want to make this character make it to maps.

are my hp goals good or bad? I also have max resists and I will probably have max resis even in cruel because instead of running grace+clarity, I am running purity and clarity. easier on mana and like you guys stated having resis is more important right ?
Last edited by Simplexity99 on Mar 26, 2014, 7:09:28 AM
Ideally for act3M you want at least 3k life for softcore, if your going hardcore you probably want to shoot for close to 4k with is difficult with this build.

I use something close to the build, my tree is a bit different and I replace Arctic breath with LL. The main reason is survivability, this build lacks a good for of hp sustain so things like LT, reflect, bleed, ect all hurt quite a bit. I have found with LL I can pretty much ignore most things and even facetank for the most part which lets the fireballs shotgun a lot better and the AB dps was already quite low so it was not as big of an effect on dps as you would think. If I was primarily running in a group I would probably drop the LL, but for solo farming the survivability is king for me and actually increases my clear speed when I can go faster without having to kite/worry as much.
Last edited by Maethorr on Mar 26, 2014, 8:21:01 AM
"
Simplexity99 wrote:
I think my hp goals are pretty good I'm not really sure but using a claw + ungil's I have 1690 hp at lv 42 I'm sure I could get more if I had enough currency to spend on jewelry and boots that gave over 70 hp right now they're giving between 50-60

what are good hp goals to have before finishing off an act? from cruel to merciless.

on my lv 66 dual ungil's coc before i killed her, I had 2.6k hp almost 2.7k and that was in a3m

I thnk if i would have made it to dominus I would have had over 3k or 3.5k hp

what are good hp goals when using ungil's and a +15 loh claw ?
I want to make this character make it to maps.

are my hp goals good or bad? I also have max resists and I will probably have max resis even in cruel because instead of running grace+clarity, I am running purity and clarity. easier on mana and like you guys stated having resis is more important right ?

When I died at 71 in Invasion I had 4200 hp and 400 es. I usually let vaal be my marker, 1k in norm 2k in cruel and 3k merci vaal.
"
Maethorr wrote:
Ideally for act3M you want at least 3k life for softcore, if your going hardcore you probably want to shoot for close to 4k with is difficult with this build.

I use something close to the build, my tree is a bit different and I replace Arctic breath with LL. The main reason is survivability, this build lacks a good for of hp sustain so things like LT, reflect, bleed, ect all hurt quite a bit. I have found with LL I can pretty much ignore most things and even facetank for the most part which lets the fireballs shotgun a lot better and the AB dps was already quite low so it was not as big of an effect on dps as you would think. If I was primarily running in a group I would probably drop the LL, but for solo farming the survivability is king for me and actually increases my clear speed when I can go faster without having to kite/worry as much.

I'm on invasion, I am using a +15 loh claw like 1mpact linked in a previous post, high crit chance with 15 implicit life on hit. I've got 1700 hp at level 44 all my resis are 75% I'll have to get upgrades in merciless, but I think I will have more hp than my first char. surviving has been fine with the +15 loh claw. I have thought about using Storm call and something else in my links :P I have a 17% storm call but I can't decide if I want to use it or sell it. I saw a guy selling his 20% storm call for 16 chaos so i may end up selling it.

EDIT : If I were to use 17% Storm Call, should I drop EE and try to pick up Static Blows? and then just use SC with some other ability ? or would storm call be strong enough on its own to do shock stacks ? atm it has a 68% increased crit strike chance

"
When I died at 71 in Invasion I had 4200 hp and 400 es. I usually let vaal be my marker, 1k in norm 2k in cruel and 3k merci vaal.

Ah okay, thats good then :P
Last edited by Simplexity99 on Mar 26, 2014, 5:41:17 PM
What are your thoughts on The three dragons helm? Shock stacks from fireball would increase your dps immensely, only downside is you'll lose the freeze from arctic breath?
"
Acrophony wrote:
What are your thoughts on The three dragons helm? Shock stacks from fireball would increase your dps immensely, only downside is you'll lose the freeze from arctic breath?

Not worth it, that means giving up on rat's nest, and i realy dont think thats worth it. Personally im waiting for lightning ball, might be a nice replacement for conc effect :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info