Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

shock + ignite?

Say an enemy has 3 instances of shot, and they get hit by a fireball crit. This mob has 0 fire resist.

The fireball's base crit damage is 300. After shock, it will 660 damage, and ignite will cause the enemy to burn for 1/3 of that damage per second, so 220 damage per second.

Will shock further amplify the ignite damage, or does shock have no effect on it beyond the damage of the initial hit?
IGN: Iolar
The burn damage is based on the initial fire damage, which was boosted by shock. The shock shouldn't apply again to the burn damage I don't believe.
The reason I'm asking is because ignite is affected by fire resistance.

For example, if an enemy has -50% fire resist, the initial hit will be amplified by 50% and then the ignite damage will also be amplified by 50%.
Well the wiki says: "Under the effects of 3 stacks of Shock, an enemy would take 220% of the damage that would normally be done without any Shock effects, no matter the type or source of the damage. "

If that is true dot dmg would also be further increased by shock status.

The initial burning dmg is based on the dmg done by fireball. But i think that´s a base value. If you use Vulnerability for example the base value will be multiplied. Same with shock status + dots but idk. ^^
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Jan 29, 2013, 1:04:39 AM
"
BRavich wrote:
Will shock further amplify the ignite damage
Yes. While they burn, for as long as they're shocked the damage they're taking from the burn will be increased.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
BRavich wrote:
Yes. While they burn, for as long as they're shocked the damage they're taking from the burn will be increased.

So fire damage is double dipping the shock ailment?
"
Kemichal wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
BRavich wrote:

So fire damage is double dipping the shock ailment?

It seems so. It does the same with resists in that regard.
I have the feeling that high crit+ shock + fire dmg might be a pretty good damage dealer...
All the elemental damages function and synergise so well together its insane.

I would love to have some of these advantages for physical damage too. Seems a bit unloved atm.
Also theres one thing missing in terms of support gems: physical bows. Melee gets a physics gem, elemental got its gems. But Physical ranged attack can pretty much only be pushed with crits and attack speed.

So on a ranged bow char it would be most profitable to go for high firedamage, some lightning damage for shocks and high crit chance to proc both. You could use burning or exploding arrow with LMP for example, pretty easy build that would not need much more to work i think. Elemental damages can be obtained via gear and pushed through the passive skill tree. Also there are supports which also help this, like elemental proliferation, fire penetation etc...

My physical bow shadow is allready making the experience that elemental effects enrich his killing quite some. I hope I can keep up the physical focus on him, but honestly I think he will convert more and more to elemental damage sadly.
"
derriesen wrote:
I have the feeling that high crit+ shock + fire dmg might be a pretty good damage dealer...
All the elemental damages function and synergise so well together its insane.

I would love to have some of these advantages for physical damage too. Seems a bit unloved atm.
Also theres one thing missing in terms of support gems: physical bows. Melee gets a physics gem, elemental got its gems. But Physical ranged attack can pretty much only be pushed with crits and attack speed.

So on a ranged bow char it would be most profitable to go for high firedamage, some lightning damage for shocks and high crit chance to proc both. You could use burning or exploding arrow with LMP for example, pretty easy build that would not need much more to work i think. Elemental damages can be obtained via gear and pushed through the passive skill tree. Also there are supports which also help this, like elemental proliferation, fire penetation etc...

My physical bow shadow is allready making the experience that elemental effects enrich his killing quite some. I hope I can keep up the physical focus on him, but honestly I think he will convert more and more to elemental damage sadly.

You can get even more crazy if you add Elemental equilibrium ;) A lighning based spell + added cold damage + totem, with high crit chance, and you use a fire spell with high crit chance ;)

So you get everything described here and additional -50% fire res while the enemy burns (if your totem casts fast enough to reset EE right after he has been torched ;))
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
So lets say for example.

If i add an
to my Fireball, will that be able to make a Shock effect?
Last edited by Sikab on Jan 29, 2013, 8:13:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info