Vaal Rain of Arrows

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 11:09:35 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:09:48 PM
SSF since ~OB
Assume not many/if any use this because Vaal Burning arrow has such a low soul req?
SSF since ~OB
And because this is hopelessly pointless.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
It's like an AoE Bear Trap, good for kiting certain dangerous Packs/Bosses..

Which is what Vaal Skills should be used for, defense.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
It's like an AoE Bear Trap, good for kiting certain dangerous Packs/Bosses..

Which is what Vaal Skills should be used for, defense.

Have you gotten good results out of it? I'm planning to make an archer... deciding between this and Vaal Burning Arrow+LMP combo. Because the Vaal Burning Arrow is high dmg and low soul count

Spoiler
SSF since ~OB
I suppose putting increased duration and increased aoe on it would work nicely. Seems to work on all mobs so far including uniques.

All in all it's pretty nice support skill for kiting hard packs or rares and gives you a chance to escape or throw a few free shots in. The amount of souls required is not too high imo.
if you're blind, it's harder for you to hit yourself -Mark_GGG
The player's own knockback seems to ignore the effect of the skill. Monsters are pushed back when hit with other knockback skills.

I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but it would seem a weird choice for what actually is the entire flavor of the skill. I mean, builds which rely on knockback (puncture maybe) would not be using this sill in the first place I imagine, they would want the mobs to move. In the rest of the cases, an accidental knockback would negate the skill's strong point.
This is a mediocre Vaal skill. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. This provides great utility as an AoE Bear Trap, even if the damage isn't that great.

The only thing holding this skill back is how it's difficult to stockpile multiple charges, and how many souls each use costs. This skill's soul and use-stacking should be changed to match Vaal Burning Arrow.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
One crucial limitation of this skill is that it doesn't seem to work with mobs that have movement skills (leap slam, whirling blades, lightning warp etc.) This is one fatal flaw since monsters like frogs, goatmen, Torr Olgosso etc. are very real threats to a bow user.

In situations where it works well it isn't actually that necessary. With decent movement speed most mobs could be kited even without this skill.
Last edited by Cyan_ogeN on Jun 8, 2014, 2:11:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info