Vaal Spark

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This is an extremely powerful Vaal skill — so powerful, in fact, it might be OP. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. This definitely doesn't provide utility, but the damage potential against both single-target and groups is actually mind-blowing; I like using it with Trap support, throwing at a dangerous monster or pack of monsters, and just watching them all melt in a flurry of sparks.

You can easily one-shot act bosses throughout most of the game with this skill in a 4L. That might be too good.

A flat nerf would probably see this gem rarely used. That said, I don't necessarily disagree with you.

Perhaps the ideal change would be a reduction in power, but also a reduction in number of souls required.
I think that this gem is op, at least at early game. The only cons are the less efficiency outdoor and the high souls' cost. It is great both for single target and multi-target. It has a huge support gems' availability and all of them work great with it (GMP, LMP, Pierce, Fork, Leech, Crit Chance, Prolif...).
I'm using it in my first 2 Weeks HC Race and i have no problem dealing with Invaders, Rogues, Bosses, Strongboxes (never did a HC character before, and i reached easily level 38, still alive).
"
ammenz wrote:
I think that this gem is op, at least at early game. The only cons are the less efficiency outdoor and the high souls' cost. It is great both for single target and multi-target. It has a huge support gems' availability and all of them work great with it (GMP, LMP, Pierce, Fork, Leech, Crit Chance, Prolif...).
I'm using it in my first 2 Weeks HC Race and i have no problem dealing with Invaders, Rogues, Bosses, Strongboxes (never did a HC character before, and i reached easily level 38, still alive).

Another one reached cruel and starts judging a gem by it like it is the sole reason, while it is possible to make it there in blues with unsupported regular rems.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
How has this skill not been made reasonable yet? Especially after the introduction of Spell Echo?
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
How does Vaal spark work with crit chance and which are the best gems for a 4 link?

I'm planning on using it for my "crit with lightning spells" char, but first I'll need some info on the spell. I believe that GMP, Lightning Penetration, Crit chance/crit damage/added lightning are my best bets. Could anyone share their knowledge of Vall Spark combined with these supports? Thank you for your time!
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
How does Vaal spark work with crit chance and which are the best gems for a 4 link?

I'm planning on using it for my "crit with lightning spells" char, but first I'll need some info on the spell. I believe that GMP, Lightning Penetration, Crit chance/crit damage/added lightning are my best bets. Could anyone share their knowledge of Vall Spark combined with these supports? Thank you for your time!

Been using this gem for a while in the 1 month race on my 80+ witch. I just had it in one of my dagger 3-links. Vaal spark+gmp+light pen. It seemed to be enough for the purpose of the skill.

It's more powerful than it's adversary vaal storm call but requires more souls and thus takes much longer to recharge. It's a nice trade off for balance.

I think this is the most powerful vaal gem in the game. If it crits it can one shot anything and everything except maybe atziri.

If we compare it with vaal storm call we trade more damage vs a longer recharge. That's pretty much it.

I prefer using vaal storm call just for the much shorter recharge but i still give this vaal skill a five out of five rating.

Just like perfection. Needs no correction.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 3, 2015, 3:57:24 PM
Why wasnt vaal spark damage buffed when spark damage was? Is this a oversight?
WHY was vaal spark nerfed so massivly??????????

GMP doesnt work with it anymore?? Is this is a bug??? Whats the point of this skill now??

And it wasnt buffed when spark was
gmp should work. it has the projectile tag. what is the nerf? can you explain better?
GGG I'd like you guys to explain how Vaal Spark works after 2.0.

I have no idea how it works. It seems like NO support gems actually works on it. It doesn't fit the description either since with or without enemies it fires the same amount of sparks.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info