Cannot repickup unique after drop from inventory

Hey all,
I'm pretty new to the game, slowly making my way around the ins and outs and I could use some help. I recently picked up a ring that counted as one of the game achievements. I had it equipped active when I partied up w. a buddy. While in an instance, I dropped the ring on the ground so my buddy could look at it. He placed the ring in his inventory, however, when he dropped it on the ground so I could pick up again, the game won't let me! The item is shown on the ground but the title is a pale orange, not like the usual bright title when you scroll over a dropped item. No matter what I do, the game won't let me pick up. My buddy can keep grabbing it but all i see is a grayed out item.

What gives!? My buddy is not lvl 25 so we can't execute a trade for it.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You have to have a level 25 character on your account to trade uniques. You can't get around that by using a guild stash or dropping on the ground. Your friend needs to level to 25 to give the item back.

Next time just link it in chat to show him something. Control + Alt + click the item and make sure the dropdown menu is selected to whichever chat you want to link the item to.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Oh wow, good to know! I'm glad that's the case and I'll get it back in time. Thanks for the chat box tip, I had no idea.

Cheers!
Welcome. Also, to view an item linked in chat, you have to open the chat box and hover your pointer over the link.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Even if you get 25, you might not be able to trade uniques. As I've gotten this and it gives me the same message, 'you have to be level 25 to...' Umm, I am level 25? 26 in fact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info