0.9.2e Patch Notes

The mirror has been in the game at least since 0.8.0 which was about 4 months ago.
Forum Sheriff
I see potential problem with that Mirror item after the game release. People will be using it only to clone the best rare items in the game, thus their value will be decreased. It is the same with duping the best items in D2 when they have very little value soon after reset.

I would suggest to nerf it more so that only white and blue items could be cloned this way.
"
Kokoro wrote:
I see potential problem with that Mirror item after the game release. People will be using it only to clone the best rare items in the game, thus their value will be decreased. It is the same with duping the best items in D2 when they have very little value soon after reset.

I would suggest to nerf it more so that only white and blue items could be cloned this way.

Not sure about this, people will "dupe" the Items that are worth the most, if the "best rare items" arn't worth much anymore than they will not be duped but maybe some special items. And I don't know if it will be easy to tell what is the best item/mod compination because there will be many different builds. At the moment I guess items with lots of quantity/quality % are very good, but if pvp is enabled this will probably change.
Do we have a definition how they work exactly ? Before we take assumptions which impact they will have for release.

I read that the duped items gets an additional nametag "duplicate".
Does this mean if you alter the original item statwise you also will change all of the duplicates automatically?
Making them less tradeable.

Do the duped ones get the quality too ? Or do they need to be upped seperatly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
From what I gather, the mirror:
* Can be used on an item only once
* One item can only have 1 copy made
* The copy will have a tag like "mirror" on it meaning you can't duplicate it again
* Copies everything about the item including all mods, sockets and quality
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
thats not true, i already mirrored my bow for 2 ppl. so there can definintely be more than 1 copy of an item. But you cant mirror the "duplicate" tagged item i think, a mirror can only be used on the original.

+ even the image of the "duplicate" item will be mirrored :P
Last edited by Infamous on Sep 18, 2011, 9:25:00 AM
For the longterm success of the game's economy and item diversity at endgame, this item should NOT exist. All you need is one look at diablo2 where the best rares like dual leech rings are duped so heavily to the point that they basically become more akin to uniques. Eventually this trend leads to a point where for any build there is ONE designated "best" item for every slot. No more random rares hoping for good mods.
Here are a few things you guys should know about mirrors.

You can't make a copy of a copy. This means that you can't get the scenario that Draege is describing in which everyone uses the same rares. You will need to go to the specific guy who owns the original and get him to mirror it for you. We expect that people with really awesome rares will probably require extra incentive to make copies such as trading for not only the mirror but other items to sweeten the deal.

It is worth remembering that the D2 economy was dominated by duping. If this had not been the case the Zod rune would have been so rare that few people would have been able to get them.

The rarity of mirrors is such that very *very* few will drop. It has always been the intention to increase the rarity of the mirrors as the player base grows larger so there should only ever be a few mirrors in existence most of the time. We will be getting an email each time someone gets or uses one.

Part of the point of the mirror existing is a bit like the "Black Lotus" in magic. It is an item that people can lust over that very few people will actually get. This is the kind of item we can give out to the winners of big tournaments.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
hmm in this case, you will often get more emails than expected ^^ Don´t underestimate the community :)

Still i think it would make sense to dimishing the multiple use of mirrors on the same Item. If you want to make a second mirror you burn 2 mirrors.
Or a tiny reduction in stats ex: from +354accuracy to +350accuracy. The second mirror could only wield +342accuracy.

And of course, this mirror will not have that impact like duping had in d2. You still need a drop to be able to. This suggestion is just that you are able too keep the uniqe-value of the original-item.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
That might not be a terrible idea sorta.

Once an item is cloned, the original is tagged as cloned once. The second clone will cost two mirrors now. The third, three. This could stop clans from just getting 1 item and spreading it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info