Melee classes normal hits need to be registered

"
dougan wrote:
"
Ramanuga wrote:
Its a question of atack speed. With my marauder I can hardly hit with single target atack, so I have chosen to use cleave, so that if enemy moves a bit, still he gets hit. With Fast atacking dualist, I can hit ppl with single target atack cause speed is good enough.

Right, which makes 2-handed weapons unusable in PvP. This should not be the case. I agree with OP, this needs to be adjusted.

One option would be to make the animation for attacking with a 2her MUCH faster...then adding a delay after the swing based on attack speed. This way, the attack would be able to land quickly while in melee range, but attack speed overall would not be affected.

As it stands, unless the target is frozen or SIGNIFICANTLY slowed (I've had skeletons in PvE sauntering away at a leisurely pace from me while I wave bye to them with a 2h maul) it is impossible to land an attack with a 2her. I strongly suggest considering adjustment to 2hers or risk rarely, if ever, seeing 2h weapon attack-based players/specs in PvP (and limiting viable specs in PvP is hopefully not desirable to you guys).

"
_Seze_ wrote:
"
kiersz wrote:
and remember that archer have much more trouble with landing arrow on you

o.O what now?

He hasn't experienced what we're talking about. Probably a ranger with bad aim.

Why don't you just go fucking play Diablo 3 if you love it's mechanics so much and leave my game where if I move my head from under your big heavy mace it doesn't "magically" still smash my skull as I run 15+ feet away from it.

Protip: the trick to nuking people with a maul (and I do this all the time) is to shift click the swing as they run into it. VS ranged and caster you will need a disable. That's just all there is to it.
Last edited by divinedisclaimer on Feb 4, 2013, 3:17:34 PM
Provided you're not shift-attacking, the check that the target is still in range at the point the attack lands is extended by a significant extra range. It's intentional that very slow hits not hit moving things easily, and fast movement is a viable counter to slow attacks.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Provided you're not shift-attacking, the check that the target is still in range at the point the attack lands is extended by a significant extra range. It's intentional that very slow hits not hit moving things easily, and fast movement is a viable counter to slow attacks.

I disagree.

As of now PvP is trash for marauders vs any ranged char. And I'm very sorry to say this because I love this game very dearly since the days of closed beta.

I have 1.5 attack speed nightmare mace and I specced into some attack speed. When I duel my ranger friend not only can i never catch him he runs around me circles and my attacks NEVER connect.

The hit register for normal attacks/heavy striek is so bad for a marauder that other players just kite me for 1 and a half minutes every single round till time finishes making for an excruciatingly boring and aggravating PvP.

I went as far as boosting move speed bonus to 30% and getting temporal still if they move it almost never hits PvP vs anything slightly faster than you is EXTREMELY frustrating because they can toy with you.

My suggestion is to make PvP a "capture the flag" sort of thing where you have to hold an area to win. This makes do with boring run around the map matches.

Thank you for taking the time to read my feedback and I appreciate all the efforts you guys put into this awesome awesome game.
IGN:IGotABigStick

Shameless advertising:
Visit my hand picked rares item mall!
[url]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/84021[/url]
pvp not for you
if you even cant catch char just play pve
it fun too
"
kiersz wrote:
pvp not for you
if you even cant catch char just play pve
it fun too

Note my long detailed complaint about hit detection in my post including experiments? Note the TITLE of this post by OP?

I very much enjoy this game and support the devs all the way monetarily and participation-wise. This is a forum for feedback either positive or negative and its the way the devs choose it to be, and that is one of the major reasons why this game is such a success.

Now stick to the subject matter with constructive feedback/criticism or go troll elsewhere.

Shameless advertising:
you are one who has this problem
improuve your aspd
this problem is so pathetic so ppl just dont know what to say

it even more laughable than "op cold"
what your asp if enemy just valk off your maul
srsly i laugh hard when i write it coz i cant properly imagine how it goin

can you make some video or something like that
i can make this video for you if you want
"
kiersz wrote:
you are one who has this problem
improuve your aspd
this problem is so pathetic so ppl just dont know what to say

it even more laughable than "op cold"
what your asp if enemy just valk off your maul
srsly i laugh hard when i write it coz i cant properly imagine how it goin

can you make some video or something like that
i can make this video for you if you want

Your first comment was so short uninspired that I wrote it off as trolling.

This second post makes more sense and I do apologize for my harsh comment earlier.

Eitherways I have a "cast time" on heavy strike of 0.52 seconds which effectively means I can approximately attack twice a second. This is not amazing but this isnt bad either.

The phenomenon I'm talking about is catching up to a person attacking them but the attack never registering.

I tested this out to the extent that I had my friend run a circle around me with a very tiny radius almost as if he is just rotating with me in the middle. At an attack speed of 2 per second I still wasnt able to connect most of my heavy strikes even though I was locked on.

TL:DR heavy strike is unreliable in PvP against a moving target making marauder vs anything that is not melee non viable.

Shameless advertising:
ITT: People who dont use flicker strike/whirling blades/leap slam. Not every skill is equally useful in PvP
i see many ppl in pvp who had enough aspd to use heavy strike
btw if your aspd not so great and you cant hit something runing or even worse you always got stunned faster before you hit
use double strike it fast
Last edited by kiersz on Feb 6, 2013, 12:55:31 AM
Again like I said my attack speed is 2 attacks per second which I believe is great for heavy strike.

I have a nightmare mace (highest level non-unique mace with highest non-unique mace attack speed) and it has attack speed mods on it as one of the rare added values.

And I still have problems with hit detection I really wish devs would give this more attention other than dismiss it as "you didnt hit fast enough".. its problematic especially when youre fighting monsters who DONT have this problem and hit you even if you did run away from them.

Shameless advertising:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info