Shadow Claw Armor?

So just as the title says, Im trying out dual wielding claws as a Shadow. Im loving the life leech affect and find it being a pretty good defense for an offensive way to play. However, when it comes "Do I stack evasion or armor?" I find myself not liking the risk factor stacking evasion comes with. I was dying more often than I wanted to. So my next thought was, why not just stack armor? To me this makes more sense. I'd lose little health thanks to the amount of armor i have and instantly regain it by my claws. I dont see a big flaw there unless of course i just get a massive burst of damage done to me to get one or two shotted. So i was wanting to ask the more experienced players their thoughts on stacking armor as a Shadow with dual claws. Am I missing out on anything by doing this? I also have the intentions of picking up Iron Reflexes to help stack armor. What are your thoughts on that as well?

Secondly, Im a fairly new player. Ive been playing for a few weeks now. Im looking for a mentor or even a group of people I can play with to help teach me more about the game. Especially with the new leagues coming up here soon. Look forward to your feedback. Thanks.
Evasion is not inherently riskier than Armor. Evasion works on an 'entropy system' where if you have 50% chance to Evade, then you evade every other hit deterministically.

There are many threads here about Armor vs. Evasion, so I'd suggest you do a forum search to read more about it - it's not a open and shut debate.

I will say that if you are a Shadow, it is probably best to stick with Evasion since there aren't a lot of good Armor nodes nearby. If you are playing life-based, try to take the Acrobatics / Phase Acrobatics cluster and also Ondar's Guile and you'll see a HUGE survivability boost.

However, for Claws it's likely best to take CI and try to get Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact. Your life leech rate is capped at 20% of your max life per second without Vaal Pact, and once you hit end-game it only takes 6-8% leech to max this out, which kinda wastes the leech potential you have with Claws. Early on, better to stick with Life Gain on Hit for the same reason.
Good point about the lack of armor nodes around Shadow. With Ghost Reaver, should I stack some energy shield though?
"
Bstrain86 wrote:
Good point about the lack of armor nodes around Shadow. With Ghost Reaver, should I stack some energy shield though?

Ghost Reaver is only good if you are mostly ES rather than life. The main point of this would be to use Vaal Pact.

The biggest downside of Vaal Pact is that you can't heal between battles at all using potions or regen. By going CI (or potentially low-life, but either way mostly ES) you get around the issue since ES recovery is not affected by Vaal Pact. That said, it's very passive point intensive to travel all the way to VP so you need to plan around it.

I have a single claw / shield Reave Shadow, and his tree looks like this

... anyway, if you want to discuss more feel free to ping me in game. IGN: Skarburnt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info