What's Slappin' folks

As a seasoned diablo 2 enthusiast I have finally gotten around to playing this game and I have to say, It has helped me to get through the pain and delusion I endured as a result of coping with diablo 3. There's a lot to learn but because of the clear emulation of d2 I am picking it up rather swiftly. Most of the original aspects of poe are on point, but I would say you can never rip too many pages out of D2 LOD, and anyways I'd like to ramble about some varying subjects, legitimate concerns in bold

Smiter-esque_builds_(Tank)

I noticed you can slap a point in Resolute Technique and instantly take on the traits of old reliable shield thumping paladin (Guaranteed hits, no deadly/critical strikes) barring enemy block %. So I made a Templar and am trying to imitate the Smiter-type build where you life-tap (Warlord's Mark) you enemies and hope to gain life approximately as fast as you lose it. I don't have the resources or knowledge to fabricate this effect via an overwhelming amount of offense so I've resorted to a defensive Templar build with high block, resistances, decent armour, ES, and evasion. A few questions:

Is Unwavering Stance absolutely necessary for a tanking build?
- How much evasion % is required to effectively omit this keystone?
- I've tried to capitalize by linking 3 spells with Cast-On-Stun. What seem to be the most effective choices (rejuvenation totem, something that freezes or slows enemies, help me out here)?

When does enemy Chaos Damage come into play?
I plan on producing a well rounded templar-tank equipped with some life, some ES and armour as they seem to come together, and possibly some evasion if I can hack it. A fair share of my elemental resistances come from passives, so will it be realistic to count on stacking chaos resistance from gear (and 12% passive)?

Condult- If my nearby ally has his maximum amount of endurance charges, and I also have some, does he receive no benefit?

I set out to build an uber smiter so I'm using shield charge and you can't stop me. On left click I have a SC linked with damage and life leech for a single target, on right click I have SC linked with melee splash, increased radius, and stun. I have to say this shit is pretty cash so far. My questions are, whats the best way to leech life? and what's the best way to maximize stun (focus on threshold or duration, where to get these)?

Totems_And_Minions

Couldn't help but noticed that these two take up a very disproportionate amount of space on the passive skill tree. It's pretty obvious that the people who are into that kind of shit are a little more simple and have chosen WoW or LoL. Neither of these were very strong in D2 so I don't see why the designers went in that direction.

Minions
Okay these were sprinkled occasionally in D2, but they were very class specific, they had character. Again, I just think they went overboard with passive nodes for generic summons.

Totems
Does anyone actually use these, they seem kind of gay and unrealistic. Here hold on, let me build this shit next to you real quick ok cool now hit that shit bitch nice i'll slap you now that's how the barbarian does it.

The_Acts

Is there possibly going to be another Act in some kind of patch or expansion? You wouldn't have to work it into the story if it came way out of left field like a snowy mountain level, fuck the story anyways, the game needs a damn Mt. Arreat and everyone knows it.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I appreciate any responses whether it be answers or inquiry. My character is Uberdin (account Ulezzx@gmail) on realm Domination if you'd like to friend me help me out or whatever. cheers

Last edited by Ulezz on Feb 14, 2014, 11:21:06 AM
Did you find any server breaking item/gold dupes and undetected bots like d2 was plagued with? Ladder reset means reset bot in d2, lol.
"
snøwXz wrote:
Did you find any server breaking item/gold dupes and undetected bots like d2 was plagued with? Ladder reset means reset bot in d2, lol.

Well gold was negligible in D2, the currency system is another thing POE did outstandingly with.

And security issues are kind of separate department from game mechanics wouldn't you say? Blizzard had bigger fish to fry than a 10 year old free battlenet community. Do I resent them for that? Sure, but I got 8-9 years of fun and unmatched pvp for like 40$. It's also the daddy of every swords and spells rpg that came afterwards.
There will be no Act 4 in the mini-expansion.
There is however, plans to add more Acts, maybe act 4 by the end of this year or next year beginning.
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP
Don't hate on minions. Burning miscreations are far better at this game than you are and were the first to hit level 100 on Nemesis league.
This thread shouldn't have been moved from General Discussion btw

"
Quazplum wrote:
There is however, plans to add more Acts, maybe act 4 by the end of this year or next year beginning.

Oh that's awesome, do we have any idea on the theme?

"
Don't hate on minions. Burning miscreations are far better at this game than you are and were the first to hit level 100 on Nemesis league.

Impressive! ya I didn't comment on their effectiveness just appealingness.
"
Ulezz wrote:
Oh that's awesome, do we have any idea on the theme?

I'm not aware of any released hints yet. Lotsa theories floating around.
The original plan was supposed to be one new act every year for the 10 year life cycle. However, I'm betting it comes to more like 1 act every 1.5 years. The standards for what is needed for an act seems to have gone up since the initial projections :P
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info