Skill Duration & Bloodless?

I've got a couple spells in my gloves
that include the duration factor. (The link is ignored--doesn't hurt things does it?)

Why not pick up the Skill Duration nodes? Two passive maps I have both ignore these nodes so I'm assuming at this point there is good reason not to bother with them but I'd like to know why please?

I ran across very brief info on the Bloodless node. Sounds interesting for solving the loss of Life? It is rather far off though on my passive tree. Good idea to keep in mind or not?

Thanks.
~<Ratsneve>~~<Looking for Simple Solo Solutions>~
"
Ratsneve wrote:
I ran across very brief info on the Bloodless node. Sounds interesting for solving the loss of Life? It is rather far off though on my passive tree. Good idea to keep in mind or not?

What do you mean? Bloodless does not prevent you from losing life in any circumstance.
Sure, take increased duration passives if you use many timed skills, people mostly avoid them because of position, they are also aren't too hefty and people have better things to spend passives on, inc duration gem does the trick perfectly well.

Bloodless only prevents enemies with 'leeches life' from healing themselves, but I like the idea, it could also have '25% less bleeding damage taken', that would make it appealing even if you aren't interested in PvP.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 13, 2014, 6:16:43 AM
Duration is not that important for most skills and doesn't work with all, i.e. does not affect charges. For the skills it does matter for it is a great addition, i.e. immortal call.
"
Ezhiel wrote:
"
Ratsneve wrote:

What do you mean? Bloodless does not prevent you from losing life in any circumstance.
No it doesn't prevent me from losing life--but it prevents a foe from healing itself off of my life. I think that would mean that as I hit on such a foe or boss even that his life would drop and he would not be able to heal at my expense. Right?
~<Ratsneve>~~<Looking for Simple Solo Solutions>~
Bloodless is nearly always considered a dead skill point, because it is useless in 95% of circumstances, its fine to get if you are passing through that area, the Blood Drinker node is worth getting nearby.
"
Ratsneve wrote:
but it prevents a foe from healing itself off of my life.

True, but there's one enemy that actively does this, and monsters rarely get a Life Leech modifier in my experience. Not nearly common enough to warrant a Skill point that could help you against every enemy type instead (even if it's only +10 Strength).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info