Zealots oath

regen energy shield instead of life, if i drink life flask will it regen energy shield?
No, applies to passive life regen only.
"
Namcap wrote:
No, applies to passive life regen only.

To phrase it correctly, life regeneration applies to energy shield.

Life recovery from flasks becomes useless, but the effects from those flasks, such as "removes bleeding", still apply. This applies to any "on use" effects.
Life flasks are not useless. Chaos damage bypasses energy shield, so you may need to refill life with a flask even at max energy shield.

And flask effects only apply while the flask is in effect. As soon as your life is maximum, the flask effect ends. If you use a life flask when your life is already at maximum, I'm not sure the effect would happen at all.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Life flasks are not useless. Chaos damage bypasses energy shield, so you may need to refill life with a flask even at max energy shield.

And flask effects only apply while the flask is in effect. As soon as your life is maximum, the flask effect ends. If you use a life flask when your life is already at maximum, I'm not sure the effect would happen at all.

thats righ, but i didn say i have chaos inoculation :D
"
mark1030 wrote:

If you are allocating Zealot's Oath, it's not sensible to stay with any life. Almost every build that uses life and energy shield uses Ghost Reaver to replenish energy shield and regeneration to restore life.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_Affix#Flask_2

Example A: Life Flask has "Resistances While Healing" and "Removes Curse on Use". When the potion is used, it will give you additional resistances while it recovers life but immediately removes all curses on use, regardless of whether the flask restores any life.

Example B: Life Flask has "Removes Bleeding on Use" and "Mana Leech While Healing". When the potion is used, it will remove bleeding immediately upon use, regardless of whether it restores any life, and will grant mana leech if and while you recover life from the flask.

Keywords: "on use"
"
Natharias wrote:
If you are allocating Zealot's Oath, it's not sensible to stay with any life. Almost every build that uses life and energy shield uses Ghost Reaver to replenish energy shield and regeneration to restore life.

Why is that better than using regeneration for Energy Shield (via ZO) and leech to sustain life? I'm asking because right now I'm levelling what I plan to make a life/energy shield hybrid Templar, and I would take Zealoth's Oath there for the 50% stun immunity as well as because I'm expecting to have a bit more energy shield than life thanks to gear. And Ghost Reaver is a bit too far away for this build...
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
scrooge999 wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Why is that better than using regeneration for Energy Shield (via ZO) and leech to sustain life? I'm asking because right now I'm levelling what I plan to make a life/energy shield hybrid Templar, and I would take Zealoth's Oath there for the 50% stun immunity as well as because I'm expecting to have a bit more energy shield than life thanks to gear. And Ghost Reaver is a bit too far away for this build...

Allocating Zealot's Oath means that you plan on having a ton of energy shield with low life using a Shav's, or allocating CI.

How does anything related to regeneration apply to stun immunity? It doesn't.
"
Natharias wrote:

He'll constantly be regenerating ES even if he takes damage too often for ES recovery to start. If you have any ES, you have a 50% chance to avoid stun.
"
KG31459 wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

He'll constantly be regenerating ES even if he takes damage too often for ES recovery to start. If you have any ES, you have a 50% chance to avoid stun.

Did not know that. I was thinking about a CI, ES, CWS build and this would destroy it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info