Fire spell templar viable for HC?

I want to make a heavy tank/ spell dmg templar. Anyone tried one at high lvls? and is fire the way to go? was thinkin firestorm and fireball
Any build and/or tips are much appreciated

Ty
anyone?
WTF ravager go die in a fire i was sitting in class.... mtf..
Yes it is.
I haven't rolled a HC character yet... But I have a Fireball/Firestorm templar in softcore and from my experience I would consider my build very viable for hardcore. Even fire resistant enemies don't last long if you cast [Flamability](makes target vulnerable to fire damage) on them.

Once enemies have begun to "burn" you can just kite/back off while there health diminishes to death. You don't need to continually fire them or be too close, being ranged would be an advantage in HC IMO.

My build.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/79674
Will it work in cruel and above?
Heard firestorm wasnt that good at higher lvls, even tho at lower lvls it owns
They have balanced a lot of abilities since the closed beta.
They have nerfed some of the goto OP builds that Firestorm was compared to.
I will test this for myself. I also use Fireball and so I will be able to compare different fire related abilities with my fire damage passives.

But my gut feeling so far is that this is a winner, but I won't know for sure until I am into stronger difficulties.

I trust in GGG and there balancing. I believe so far that fire dmg is a viable build.
What would be better for fire build? the - dmg resistance aura or the support gem that reduces dmg resitstance?
You can always use the Flammability gem that reduces enemy fire resistance.
I use one:
I have a tank templar in HC A2 Cruel.

Im my experience, I would have to say that Ive found firestorm to be subpar mechanically. It just doesn't feel good to cast it. Hard to explain. I guess it would depend primarily on your play style. But setting things on fire and running away might work in Normal, but I can assure you that it'll get you killed in later difficulties.

If you want to play a fire tank build, Molten shell is the way to go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info