When is Abyssus' damage factored in

"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
How does this work with Lightning Coil? Does that mean Lightning Coil's conversion effect happens after all mitigation, meaning no mitigation from lightning res?
That's why I explicitly said
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Modifiers to the amount of Damage Taken always apply after mitigation.
X% of Physical Damage taken as Lightning, and similar modifiers, are not modifying the amount of damage taken, which is a value determined after mitigation, but how that mitigation applies. They effectively kick in just before mitigation, since that's the only way they'd have any effect, and thus change how you take the damage, and thus how the base value of "damage taken" is arrived at after mitigation, which is then modified by increased/reduced damage taken modifiers.
"
bilun wrote:
Very interesting- pretty much everyone was wrong about this.
For the record, this is far from the first time this has been posted on the forum - in the mechanics thread and in several places asking for information. Certainly some people have known this for a long time.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 12, 2014, 7:15:30 PM
Anyone in Harcore ever used Abyssus?
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Edit: Read "That's why I explicitly said" as "That's what I explicitly said"

Rather different.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Feb 12, 2014, 7:56:22 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Certainly some people have known this for a long time.

And I have now made a bookmark so I can find this information whenever neccesary. ;)
Cheers Mark! That's what I figured, but something about your wording confused me.
"
Daresso wrote:

good times
"
khemintiri wrote:
"
Daresso wrote:

good times

Looks savage. Tell me more mate.
"
Daresso wrote:

For sure. Abyssus is only worth if you go crit though. I think BoR is way better if you're not crit.
Pants of Textile
"
nikals wrote:
I think BoR is way better if you're not crit.

No Sir, I used to play BoR for a long time but tbh BoR is not that great. Now I use:

+

and that is nothing but 100% pure fun.

BoR = ok for the beginning but not really good
Abyssus + 6L = really really really great

Either your dmg goes insane with Abyssus + other dps gear (had more than 60k tooltip dps back in the days) or you go full tank thanks to additional resists from the chest and still do some dps (atm max all resist incl. chaos resi and still about 14k dps). BoR isn't that bad but it is far away from being good! And don't forget: There are much better chests out there than mine and lots of better Abyssus also.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
nikals wrote:
"
Daresso wrote:

For sure. Abyssus is only worth if you go crit though. I think BoR is way better if you're not crit.

Neat mate. How was your survivability?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info