Do you roleplay?

I do. When I'm on my righteous Templar I make fair trades and give away free stuff; when I'm on my shady Shadow I try to scam people to the best of my ability and give false advice in general chat.

How do you roleplay your characters?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
How do you roleplay your characters?

That char used to be about role play, though less so now.

A long time ago I used to be into an MMO that was pretty much just a spreadsheet with some basic graphics, and our guild got joined by the most hardcore roleplayer I've ever encountered. It was impossible to have a normal conversation with the guy and he wouldn't respond to anyone that wasn't pretending he was an intergalactic fleet commander. He was completely brilliant and I will have fond memories of our interactions forever <3
I usually pick a character from media i like, and build around what they are in their other medias universe.

so for wxample. making ken from fist of the north star. Dominating blow is the basics. It makes a good skill for his. you;re already dead catchphrase.
Smoother than Smooth.
I usually am too involved in discussions in global to be roleplaying,but as some of my characters' names are referencing games like Dark Souls,I happen to role-play when people notice the reference,as it means my roleplaying will have base on which I can work,avoiding situations you mentioned(RPing Wizard in train and such).It often ends in conversations I really enjoy because of being able to recollect my favourite games and act in character,what is fun,and discuss lore of games with other players.
"

If by roleplay you mean more 'picking a style and adhering to it no matter what based on a preconceived notion of character', then yes. Constantly. All my characters do that. I find it supremely entertaining to see how many pre-existing styles and characters I can emulate in these sorts of games, and each new skill GGG adds increases the potential there. Sometimes I use anime, other games and novels as sources of ideas but most are my own creations these days. And yes, The Goddess swords are all about me being able to 'play' Charan as he has been 'played' elsewhere before. Had GGG kept the rope armguards, it wouldn't have been necessary. :(

Sadly, the one time I tried that out it failed miserably. 2H ES Crit Sworder with a Shadow base, with glowing weapon aesthetics, in an attempt to try to build a typical Star Wars Jedi. Shadow + 2H Sword just... Doesn't work out. These are times I really wished we had six pre-defined starting locations on the skill grid and the ability to choose your base character regardless of where we start. The lore would still remain intact overall (because you could choose to start in the "recommended" positions), but would open up a lot more room for some visual role-playing in the extent you're referring to.

WANT TO BUY CHARACTER SKIN PLEASE.
The sheer amount of activity in this thread is is overwhelming.

My bet is it will total to the same number of posts as my thread about Roles.

Lets face it guys, we need a new term for this kind of game!
"What is this roleplay you speak of?"

My scion got exiled to Wraeclast as a result of a heinous conspiracy against her within the cheerleading team she was in.. and I'll revise the story into something within the theme if she drops down to Standard, but that's about it.

Character unit interaction in this game is way too static for reaching proper immersion and the kind of RP I'm used to, I got her a ferret and some skin transfers for looks to fit the part but apart from that, too busy mashing zombies into a bloody pulp to think about roleplaying.

Where I come from, we were never much for all too strict and rigid rules when it comes to RP, in case someone would get their knickers in a twist over my character development.
<^..^> - meow!

"
The one that doesn't? iron will Arc marauder. I noticed that when the Marauder casts with a two-handed sword, he does a very cool 'force push' like pose, so I wanted to try a Sith. I may revisit him with the right gear, but he got stuck in the mid 40s. It was fun running around in a robe skin with a skull hood zapping crap with knockback and stun though. :)

A shame this didn't work out for you yet, the idea sounds so awesome.
"
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
The one that doesn't? iron will Arc marauder. I noticed that when the Marauder casts with a two-handed sword, he does a very cool 'force push' like pose, so I wanted to try a Sith. I may revisit him with the right gear, but he got stuck in the mid 40s. It was fun running around in a robe skin with a skull hood zapping crap with knockback and stun though. :)

A shame this didn't work out for you yet, the idea sounds so awesome.

It was a gear thing. With the right gear, you can make any old crazy thing work in this game.

Yes I know, I like to play themed chars too from time to time. My iron will marauder sketches were always based on fire skills, so I knew the "force push" gesture. That reminded my of Star Wars and you "completed" it nicely. Maybe there is a weapon effect that makes a staff look like Darth Maul's? That way you could get those nice spell mods while retaining the Jedi style.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info