97 skill point summoner

I've got a HC character that I haven't played since 1.0. It has a full respec and 97 skill points to spend. It used to be a summoner pre-onslaught. Since the summoner patch I'd like to resurrect this guy and start playing him again.

So with that in mind I'd like your opinion on the best summoner build starting at witch with 97 points to spend. This is what I have so far:

http://www.poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMAAW8GSQdjCPQNjRCXEVAR2xNsFm8ZhRpsHNwdFCL0JDwkqiepKPoqmDGINAo26TgbPI5DY0QERZ1JUU25VcZXK1fJWPVabVqRZp5qrGvbbAtxTXNTeQN6qn0YfdJ_xoLHhEiFYIhAi3qPRpAzkyeaz5rgm6GdxKaspwinK6dcqH2qxLQMtzG4k7-XwFTJPcy8z2XQ0NP72Qva3eL342rmgeq66-7sivIe99f56PqA-tI=

Previously this character was Life+ES, and focused on zombies with minion damage, multistrike and melee splash.

Some questions: Previously I tried to use arc and shock nova to shock-stack enemies but I just never did enough damage, even with static blows, to get any sort of meaningful shock stacks. With that in mind I was thinking maybe I should try dual-totem which I could do a number of things with like frost walls, skeletons, etc. With the aura changes should I get the nearby reduced mana reserve nodes? Any other recommendations?

Thoughts?

PS - I'm not looking to be a unique and beautiful snowflake. Just want a solid summoner spec, and also some recommendations of what skill gems I should look to use as there are a lot more options now.

its not bad, but so many people wont group with summoners

with all the new items, make a cheap yet effective summoner isn't hard at all, run the right dps auras, and make sure your primary summon is in a 6 link with the right gems setup.

Things like life leech, or blind, or multistrike etc go a long way in making your summons effective for different situations.
IGN : IfritsCurrencyCatcher / IfritsZealot / IfritsCIArcher
Light em up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info