*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

Thoughts on using Legacy BOR vs +500 Kaoms? I'd be losing 400 life (considering a rare helm has about 100), and 650 armor and some resists, but lots of DPS gain, another 15% block, at 75% would bring it to a whopping 90, and not having to cast EC every time. Thoughts?
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Block is capped at 75%, you can't go higher, so there's no real point to use BoR over Kaom's in this build (unless you want to skip on some of the block nodes on the tree).
Ohh, gotcha, didn't know that, thanks :)
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
"
Vadler wrote:
Block is capped at 75%, you can't go higher, so there's no real point to use BoR over Kaom's in this build (unless you want to skip on some of the block nodes on the tree).

An exception (which raises the potential cap to 78%) comes from the unique The Anvil:

Amber Amulet
Requires Level 45
+(20 to 30) to Strength
10% reduced Attack Speed
10% reduced Cast Speed
+(400 to 500) to Armour
+(34 to 48) Life gained when you Block
+(10 to 24) Mana gained when you Block
10% reduced Movement Speed
+3% to maximum Block Chance
8% Chance to Block
Reflects 240–300 Physical Damage to Attackers on Block
Forge your Perseverance on the Anvil of Faith.
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Aug 21, 2015, 11:55:45 AM
If anyone is interested, I created this version of the tree which has all 7 endurance charges (3 from tree, 3 default, and one from bandits), and also adds 5 jewel sockets. Added Primal Spirit + Ancestral Knowledge to make up for int loss by not going all the way up to the mind barrier nodes.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kjEWD38WGPG2F8_fuIaPunVeTmezZ_LpzBQR-8OFCDkUcaurj5nm1OlHKcMX3KpxPZZ86yqtz6DzDwtg181kti9_gpKyG6qtfKQVRo4PQ-vpwY5-6pRYPMGagGXtFWpLdKfPhUgLOkA7ipNPyeGs768guSQEYqvHt9PVrM_e8PiLNE2CTNHfr02ZU2-pxm0LYOE2cGCL8xi7E1GhO_awaLqEuHTfu969qM94kjueK4brXy4KS7xrHrvBS107ayvDPeplcC_QKCRzpZsVw3-un11028uU2hl85vEFWJaJJ1o8q9sC2EEs6IA8B_AZs9-rY3ZYQ==
Hi , i got a question...

I dont hav mirror swords or legacy kaoms but i got good gear like legacy soul taker and such things, so i was thinking about using a good hibrid chest like 700 armour and 550 es with 100 life and good res plus a vertex instead of going kaoms, so my life and es would be like 5000 life and 2000 es, my armour atm is 30k so i can sustain the es pretty good.

what do u think about going that route? why people mostly choose bringer of rain instead of a good hibrid chest and helm?

thank u in advance c:
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
Hi , i got a question...

I dont hav mirror swords or legacy kaoms but i got good gear like legacy soul taker and such things, so i was thinking about using a good hibrid chest like 700 armour and 550 es with 100 life and good res plus a vertex instead of going kaoms, so my life and es would be like 5000 life and 2000 es, my armour atm is 30k so i can sustain the es pretty good.

what do u think about going that route? why people mostly choose bringer of rain instead of a good hibrid chest and helm?

thank u in advance c:

That route works pretty well (I did that for a while, including using Soul Taker). You will have a great ES base, so using it and Disc really helps your ehp (and thus diminishes legacy Kaom's hp value).
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAecEhwSzBS0GOQkzCpsLYQxfDPcNzRPJFCAUTRUgGJEY1xm0Gj4aVRutG_ocziFgJd8oKimlK1Atgy5TL8wyTjboPAU8LT0PPeI9_ECgRmlHfkjuUEdRYFOlValXDVhjXz9hIWLsZU1lp2ebaGVo8moBcql07XTxeK55OXrvfNl-4oIHg1-E2YTvi0-Mz4-Zl3mXtJ7NogCkGacwqZWsr62Nrj6uUK9sr6e2LLaKvJ-9Nr6nwGbAv8GCxPbGrsbYz37RNtIh02_Tftlh2sHiLORR5wrp1e8O73rvfPAf8kHzBvOb9kj2o_cy-6r8S_5U_ms=

Currently level 88, and running the tree.

I saw lots of you did not take soul of steel, or unrelenting (running soul taker but still the best life wheel around). I am going for around 5-5.5K life and 800 ES with Aegis.

Are there any nodes/clusters that would would respec or recommend to change and why?

P.S. I run cyclone in a BoR thus i chose to not take unwavering stance to use that blind and while cycloning i cannot be stunned anyway.

Thank you in advance
"
Felifix wrote:
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAecEhwSzBS0GOQkzCpsLYQxfDPcNzRPJFCAUTRUgGJEY1xm0Gj4aVRutG_ocziFgJd8oKimlK1Atgy5TL8wyTjboPAU8LT0PPeI9_ECgRmlHfkjuUEdRYFOlValXDVhjXz9hIWLsZU1lp2ebaGVo8moBcql07XTxeK55OXrvfNl-4oIHg1-E2YTvi0-Mz4-Zl3mXtJ7NogCkGacwqZWsr62Nrj6uUK9sr6e2LLaKvJ-9Nr6nwGbAv8GCxPbGrsbYz37RNtIh02_Tftlh2sHiLORR5wrp1e8O73rvfPAf8kHzBvOb9kj2o_cy-6r8S_5U_ms=

Currently level 88, and running the tree.

I saw lots of you did not take soul of steel, or unrelenting (running soul taker but still the best life wheel around). I am going for around 5-5.5K life and 800 ES with Aegis.

Are there any nodes/clusters that would would respec or recommend to change and why?

P.S. I run cyclone in a BoR thus i chose to not take unwavering stance to use that blind and while cycloning i cannot be stunned anyway.

Thank you in advance

I've played cyclone version of this build for a long time with a sword and aegis, the tree varies on your gear. I also chose soul and steel and Iron Reflexes just so I can not have to run Immortal call or enduring cry all the time. Enduring cry is hard to keep up, i run 80% damage reduction with Grace and Determination + Soul of Steel all the time. With cyclone, it was imperative for me to drop Immortal call and enduring cry as much as possible. With reave you are fine with Mortezzah's options. There is great variance of how you want to go about things. Iron reflexes with grace gives you max es on hit every time if your gear is tuned towards it. I can still use enduring cry with 3 endurance charges to get 90% very easily. But most of the time I don't need it. For DPS with cyclone I use a Quicksilver flask, the movement speed is extremely good but tricky to master for some people. I've currently beaten every map boss, haven't hit the core map yet and just skipped malformation (cough)(yeh be careful).

ON UNWAVERING STANCE: I suggest you take Unwavering still, even with cyclone, there are many times you might get trapped that you can't cyclone out of. I finally accepted this fact a year ago after experimenting and learning from this thread.

This is my new current tree, it's really based on this build but I've drastically changed it to suit my gear and needs since I'm not 100 yet. If you have questions, I can answer them as this is quite different still than Mortezzah's guide as

I use
Spell Block Lazhwar
spell block jewels.
Corrupt Spell block aegis

jewel examples:

For DPS:
Quicksilver Flask
Punishment with CWDT (I want to see more people use the new Punishment, it's very good for this build)
Blood Magic Cyclone (I like having the variant of choosing between a mana skill(HS) and blood magic skill (Cyc). Being able to use both doubles the kinds of map mods I can tackle as well like low regen maps. It has it's advantages. Or use soul taker and remove all mana problems.

Single Target Heavy Strike

I finally acquired mana gain on hit on a jewel, it was suggested by others in this thread, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon, as this will help with mana problems and let you avoid taking mana regen nodes. a 0.4% ML and +2 Mana Gained on hit is very good. My heavy strike hits at 8.5-9 atks per second which is +18 mana per second since 9x2=18. With mana regen on the tree, at best my base mana regen was 10.1 and at best 14 per second with 30%+ mana regen. A +2 mana gained on hit will make that like 28 mana gained per second instead. That's total of +8 mana gained on block, 0.4% ML, and +28 Mana gained per second. That is extremely good for this build. I recommend everyone get it with the mana leeched per second single target reduced in 2.0 Quite happy with this result, it's almost mandatory for certain map mods.

The only difference to mana regen is whirling blades for me, since that is my main movement skll. I Run WB as blood magic so I can skip the mana regen node again. I found this better for the majority of my gaming.

I also play as a duelist, as a Marauder you can actually get better stats overall with jewels.

I also ended up taking Barbarianism for for the +1 Max this time because of all the detonate dead users and the Rogue exile Minara Anemina with her exploding minions. IN EXAMPLE: 78 Springs Boss can 1 shot you if you're not careful, the beyond Unique boss with Vaal detonate dead as well.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAecCEQMnBS0FtQY5CTMM9xQgFE0VIBXsGJEZtBo-GlUbrRv6IWAj9iXfKaUs6S2DLlMvzDB8Nug31DqtPQ894j38QKBE0kd-SO5NklFHUWBVqVcNWGNfP2EhYqxi7GVNaGVqAWyMb4RyqXTtdPF2rHiueTl673zZfXV-4oIHhNmE74azivCMz419jb-XtJ2qns2fy6OKo-ekGacwqZWsr62Nr6ewq7TFtiy2irkdvJ-9Nr6nwL_BgsLsxFjEgsT2z37RNtIh02_TftRS2WHaweIs6dXqGO0_7g7vDu968kHzBvOb9kj2o_cy-6r8S_66_xw=
Last edited by Grindrix on Aug 31, 2015, 2:28:50 AM
"
Grindrix wrote:

I've played cyclone version of this build for a long time with a sword and aegis, the tree varies on your gear. I also chose soul and steel and Iron Reflexes just so I can not have to run Immortal call or enduring cry all the time. Enduring cry is hard to keep up, i run 80% damage reduction with Grace and Determination + Soul of Steel all the time. With cyclone, it was imperative for me to drop Immortal call and enduring cry as much as possible. With reave you are fine with Mortezzah's options. There is great variance of how you want to go about things. Iron reflexes with grace gives you max es on hit every time if your gear is tuned towards it. I can still use enduring cry with 3 endurance charges to get 90% very easily. But most of the time I don't need it. For DPS with cyclone I use a Quicksilver flask, the movement speed is extremely good but tricky to master for some people. I've currently beaten every map boss, haven't hit the core map yet and just skipped malformation (cough)(yeh be careful).

ON UNWAVERING STANCE: I suggest you take Unwavering still, even with cyclone, there are many times you might get trapped that you can't cyclone out of. I finally accepted this fact a year ago after experimenting and learning from this thread.

This is my new current tree, it's really based on this build but I've drastically changed it to suit my gear and needs since I'm not 100 yet. If you have questions, I can answer them as this is quite different still than Mortezzah's guide as

I use
Spell Block Lazhwar
spell block jewels.
Corrupt Spell block aegis

jewel examples:

For DPS:
Quicksilver Flask
Punishment with CWDT (I want to see more people use the new Punishment, it's very good for this build)
Blood Magic Cyclone (I like having the variant of choosing between a mana skill(HS) and blood magic skill (Cyc). Being able to use both doubles the kinds of map mods I can tackle as well like low regen maps. It has it's advantages. Or use soul taker and remove all mana problems.

Single Target Heavy Strike

I finally acquired mana gain on hit on a jewel, it was suggested by others in this thread, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon, as this will help with mana problems and let you avoid taking mana regen nodes. a 0.4% ML and +2 Mana Gained on hit is very good. My heavy strike hits at 8.5-9 atks per second which is +18 mana per second since 9x2=18. With mana regen on the tree, at best my base mana regen was 10.1 and at best 14 per second with 30%+ mana regen. A +2 mana gained on hit will make that like 28 mana gained per second instead. That's total of +8 mana gained on block, 0.4% ML, and +28 Mana gained per second. That is extremely good for this build. I recommend everyone get it with the mana leeched per second single target reduced in 2.0 Quite happy with this result, it's almost mandatory for certain map mods.

The only difference to mana regen is whirling blades for me, since that is my main movement skll. I Run WB as blood magic so I can skip the mana regen node again. I found this better for the majority of my gaming.

I also play as a duelist, as a Marauder you can actually get better stats overall with jewels.

I also ended up taking Barbarianism for for the +1 Max this time because of all the detonate dead users and the Rogue exile Minara Anemina with her exploding minions. IN EXAMPLE: 78 Springs Boss can 1 shot you if you're not careful, the beyond Unique boss with Vaal detonate dead as well.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAecCEQMnBS0FtQY5CTMM9xQgFE0VIBXsGJEZtBo-GlUbrRv6IWAj9iXfKaUs6S2DLlMvzDB8Nug31DqtPQ894j38QKBE0kd-SO5NklFHUWBVqVcNWGNfP2EhYqxi7GVNaGVqAWyMb4RyqXTtdPF2rHiueTl673zZfXV-4oIHhNmE74azivCMz419jb-XtJ2qns2fy6OKo-ekGacwqZWsr62Nr6ewq7TFtiy2irkdvJ-9Nr6nwL_BgsLsxFjEgsT2z37RNtIh02_TftRS2WHaweIs6dXqGO0_7g7vDu968kHzBvOb9kj2o_cy-6r8S_66_xw=

Hey man thanks for your reply. Good to see someone else taking these nodes.
Yeah i noticed getting stunned a few times in between cyclones, but nothing dramatic thus far.
Malformation Piety did manage to kill me 2-3 times before i took her down. But i forgot to run enfeeble :D.
She does 50/50 phys and fire damage correct?

I like using soul taker for now as i feel that with 15K cyclone I am alright DPS wise and like not having to worry about mana, usually running hatred + HoA + Artic armour (just because i have the mana+ Chill= amazing)
For Phys bosses determination + grace for 30K unbuffed armour.

How do quicksilver flasks affect cyclone DPS? Is there any calculator for that to see if and how much better it is than e.g. Atziris Promise?

Using similar jewel, but did not think of using HS for single target. Might give this a try and see how it does.

With BoR and the endurance charge on block i can run a CwdT IC setup alright, just not sure yet if it is worth it. Thinking of dropping the BoR competly for a High armour ES chest and Armour helmet, since i can reach 75 block anyway, id just loose like 2% Spell block. Not sure though.
Just started it a month ago and its meant to get to around lev 95, but random deaths kind of irritate me and make me revise things quite a bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info