Stuck in the game - please help me good people

What am I doing wrong.

I was planning on making Righteous fire/firestorm build, and at this point I am such a dog with the damage (cannot even kill nonmap mobs fast) despite Righteous fire, amongst top end gear!! and either fully leveled gems or 20% gems (or both).

This is my gear so far:
plus gloves and belt which I am planning to buy to boost resistances.

Gems are as follows, for the main attack:

This is the tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAdwCcQQHBLMFLQdjDY0UTRkuGYoajxzcHaoelB8CIWAi9CftKPotHzWSNsU8LUCgQYdFnUZxTLNM_1RJVytfP2BLYG1hIWsXbAttGW-edO108XgNeqp6733Sgh6Cx4MJgziE74UyiPGTJ5rgm7WdgKIApwipbqw_rFmvbLQMtfK3PriTud2-isBUwfPDOsT2xYrGrspK1I_YJNsL3FfhiOLq5oHnUudj6-7vDvAf89322vno-wn-Cg==

So, I do understand there are some things missing (for righteous), and I am planning to add certain defenses, but since I have started a test run with rightous fire on for few minutes, and I see that that will not be it.

I also realize that gems could be better, and increased critical is not optimal (although there is no adequate replacement?), but it baffles me that despite all of the good things I have going on, I am both fragile in combat and have low dps.

I am starting to think that Firestorm itself is inherently a bad spell (if so, GGG why did you put a skill which has no potential in the game?).

What to do? What changes would you suggest, which don't cost millions? Start a new char? Quit the game?
Maybe get any of the fire damage nodes on the tree? You have none. You don't even have any of the increased burning damage ones. For god's sake you even play standard...
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Feb 1, 2014, 10:18:38 AM
"
I am starting to think that Firestorm itself is inherently a bad spell (if so, GGG why did you put a skill which has no potential in the game

It's not a matter of having no potential, but different skills do better at differing stages of the game. Firestorm really doesn't do well as a lategame skill unless you have a whole load of uber awesome gear, and then, you'd still be better off using something else. It can be a fun skill for leveling with though.

As for what you're doing wrong beyond that; I don't get what all the uniques are for. Are you in the midst of some kind of mana related crisis? You're missing out on a lot of lost potential cast speed and protection. Crippling yourself for the xp gain on those rings isn't worth it.
If you didn't notice, I have Mind over matter, and I run Arctic armour, so things aren't SO bad at survivability.

I also have 81 all resist.

Fire nodes aren't really that useful, 6% increased fire dps is not really worth it.

It would seem that Firestorm indeed isn't for end game. Which sucks hard, since I invested so much time and currency in it.
Last edited by Tank_The_Shredder_Evans on Feb 1, 2014, 10:29:54 AM
Even full block/spellblock nemesis builds take damage nodes. If you complain about your damage while having zero points invested in it then i don't know what to suggest. Maybe look up some righteous fire builds on the forums? Dunno, i bet they don't think the burning damage nodes and 6% fire dmg nodes aren't worth it.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
If you didn't notice, I have Mind over matter, and I run Arctic armour, so things aren't SO bad at survivability.

I also have 81 all resist.

Fire nodes aren't really that useful, 6% increased fire dps is not really worth it.

It would seem that Firestorm indeed isn't for end game. Which sucks hard, since I invested so much time and currency in it.

1) MoM, AA, RF, Firestorm?
Err... Choose 1?

RF'ers never use AA
Firestorm and RF are two slightly different builds (despite taking Fire damage nodes)

MoM is fully "another build" with another passive tree, and have nothing similar to RF build

2) And yes - you're funny. =_=
Taking 0 (ZERO) Fire Damage nodes, yet claiming "Fire builds are BAAD"\"Firestorm isn't for endgame"

Fire Witches strongly disagree (like as all RF-players, who immolate Piety in 8 seconds)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
First of all, it's not like I don't have damage boosters.

Divinarious has 70% increased spell dps, Carcass jack has some, I have few area nodes, cast speed, but most importantly, RF should compensate for few nodes of fire dps that I could have collected.
Your firstorm gem is only level 14.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Why do you post on forums asking for help if you are not going to listen to the ones trying to help you.

Why are you using 2 perandus signet and atziri foible to start with
@HabiaUnaVez_Truz or leave a PM if im offline
Try swapping firestorm for flameblast, it will work very well with your carcass and divinarius. The damage on max charge is awesome.

Looking at your tree it is overly defensive, of course you're going to do weak damage.

Here is my fireball life crit build for comparison:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABLMFQg5IEZYUTRa_GYUaMho4GmwdFB6BHwIkPCSqJpUnqSjFKU8snC0fNsU26UGWRKtG10kbSVFLjUw1TLNQMFBCUWBVS1WuVcZXK1ptXcZd8mBtYqxjQ2ZPaxdtGXBScH1w1X5Zf8aBSYIQgh6Cm4M4hX2HZYhCjDaPRo-mkFWcLZ2AnaOdqp2uogCiLqKjpwinXKeEqZWus6-3sji1BMBRwfPC7M9l0NDWndgk2t3bC9te3fPfsONq44TkIuw48B_yHfLh877z6vrS_Kv_HA==

I one shot packs of map whites and 2-3 shot rares.
Last edited by Arturianos on Feb 1, 2014, 1:21:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info