1.0.5b Patch Notes

"
Ranakor wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:
"
KissTheBlade wrote:
dats a pretty nice 150 ex chest bro too bad pure es suck

AHHAHAHAAHH 150 ex ahahhahah ye its ALMOST as good a soultaker. BRB im going to trade it for a soultaker.

that's the best es chest in the game atm. Its not possible to roll anything better.(not inv divining it perfectly)

Stop posting you are looking more silly every post.

Curious since you crafted it, how much currency went into that?

Also don't forget to answer my build question!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/763740
for chest.

I answered build question above. Obviously the lvl 76 might not do less the 5 but like I said we already established that summoner cant scale. So I still say a lvl 80+ can do that with minimum gear investment a lot better than us. Your gear isn't that bad.
:)
"
Fixed an issue where portals were not closed when logging out of a character via the character selection screen.

why not fix desync instead?

Last edited by PopeJo on Jan 20, 2014, 5:13:42 AM
"
JoanGrimm wrote:
"
Ranakor wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:
Just in.

Ifyour lvl 95 and have good crafted gear you are obviously rmting.

Time to ban everyone over lvl 90

On an unrelated note, care to post that gear? would love to see what 500ex Worth of gear looks like

And you still haven't answered my question (while i answer all of yours) what are all those builds you speak of that can "solo lv 78 maps in less than 5 minuets with gear worse than mine"?

Sorry to butt in (your exchange is lengthy and I haven't read it all):

It's entirely possible to get 500ex worth of gear. I myself do not know any ways to 'cheat' at this game and get real 'rich' (wasn't even aware that you could tp yourself - and no, I'm not a noob), other than just playing and grinding areas and end-game maps, but I am lucky. I've had 3 BoRs drop and 2 Soul Takers (legacy currently), these being the most notable (although the people I play with do feel the need, on occasion, to rage-uninstall the game because of one item or another that I get my hands on).

I've sold 2 BoRs for about 20ex, 1 Soul Taker for 60... and yes, that's still a long way from 500, but it's possible. Besides, it's not just the uniques that have value. I have a few rings and amulets ... and have seen some lovely beauties out there... oh my. :)

I never implied otherwise, you need to read this literally, when i say wear i mean wear (you only have so many slots), that makes the average value of each item sky high, now that chest is damn good so if the other items are in the same league he's prolly quite a bit above 500 even. Never implied he cheated (someone else implied he RMT, not I)

Edit: sorry didn't see someone else was quoted, we're getting down to way to much quote nesting!
Last edited by Ranakor on Jan 20, 2014, 5:13:14 AM
"
Warzone129 wrote:
Ok so you made CoD a completely useless gem. GJ. Might as well remove it from the game now.

GGG listen and listen well. You just hit summoner with a massive nerf because u were too lazy to balance the gem. CoD was OP and needed a nerf yes, but that gem was the only thing that allowed summoners to even come close to being as viable as other in high end maps.

Please don't listen to all the scrubs here saying "oh my shity lvl 72 summoner does merc piety just fine without snapshots and cod nerf them both" They have never steped into a lvl 78 white map let alone one with hard mods.

I have 500 exalteds of gear and gems on my 95 summoner and I cant keep up with a BoR scrub melee in 5 chaos worth of gear+ bor.

You removed this gem cause u were lazy and that's fine. If you don't give summoners a way to scale their dps and minion hp so they can fucken clear high end maps in this next summoner patch im done with this game.

Theres a reason why you had basically 0 summoner in the top 200 players in any league before CoD.

Learn to balance please instead of being lazy.

So much sense of entitlement. COD was never meant to work without having to die or with summons. In order for something to be nerfed, it needs to have had an intended interaction in the first place. This was not the case. You can't possibly be nerfed because u werent supposed to build around that bug to begin with. If anything, this was a huge unintended boost to summoners. You guys did not get nerfed. You just got a month-long boost that was not supposed to happen. If anything, you should be pleased you had a month to exploit a bug rather than be angry that you got 'nerfed'. 500 exalts worth of gear? What an exaggeration. 5 chaos with BOR - yeah right, if the player in question just has a BOR and a blue siege axe
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Damn you got some insane luck on that chest!
Anybody knows if GGG is working on server stuttering/lagging?
I think I'm speaking for every Cyclone Build out there if I say, that (even for a Free 2 Play title) it is really horrible and could make players furious!
And it is not just for Cyclone Builds ... I really would appreciate if it would be fixed point 1 in Patch 1.0.5.c or 1.0.6 :)

What do you think?
We are way off topic.

The point is, And you cant deny this.....

Summoners are not even close to being on par with other classes at end game. By end game I mean high lvls and high lvl maps inc bosses on all maps.

It doesn't matter how high lvl and what gear or spec or gems we have we cant compete.

CoD made us better then a 500k flickerstriker. It was OP.It needed a nerf. But it was fucken wrong to remove it completely. They should have balanced it.

Hence it was fucken lazy and knee jerk on GGGs part.
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:
Ok so you made CoD a completely useless gem. GJ. Might as well remove it from the game now.

GGG listen and listen well. You just hit summoner with a massive nerf because u were too lazy to balance the gem. CoD was OP and needed a nerf yes, but that gem was the only thing that allowed summoners to even come close to being as viable as other in high end maps.

Please don't listen to all the scrubs here saying "oh my shity lvl 72 summoner does merc piety just fine without snapshots and cod nerf them both" They have never steped into a lvl 78 white map let alone one with hard mods.

I have 500 exalteds of gear and gems on my 95 summoner and I cant keep up with a BoR scrub melee in 5 chaos worth of gear+ bor.

You removed this gem cause u were lazy and that's fine. If you don't give summoners a way to scale their dps and minion hp so they can fucken clear high end maps in this next summoner patch im done with this game.

Theres a reason why you had basically 0 summoner in the top 200 players in any league before CoD.

So much sense of entitlement. COD was never meant to work without having to die or with summons. In order for something to be nerfed, it needs to have had an intended interaction in the first place. This was not the case. You can't possibly be nerfed because u werent supposed to build around that bug to begin with. If anything, this was a huge unintended boost to summoners. You guys did not get nerfed. You just got a month-long boost that was not supposed to happen. If anything, you should be pleased you had a month to exploit a bug rather than be angry that you got 'nerfed'. 500 exalts worth of gear? What an exaggeration. 5 chaos with BOR - yeah right, if the player in question just has a BOR and a blue siege axe

500 ex of gear is not an exaggeration or a brag it was to put in context that we cant scale with good gear. Is it that hard to understand? here ill link all my gear so u can add it up and stop getting off topic.

That's a lot more than 500 there so focus on summoners not being able to scale please. That's what we were talking about.

Maybe CoD wasn't intended that fine. But what im saying is that we need to get a huge buff now to make us comparable to other specs.
Last edited by Warzone129 on Jan 20, 2014, 5:27:06 AM
"
Warzone129 wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:

500 ex of gear is not an exaggeration or a brag it was to put in context that we cant scale with good gear. Is it that hard to understand? here ill link all my gear so u can add it up and stop getting off topic.

That's a lot more than 500 there so focus on summoners not being able to scale please. That's what we were talking about.

Maybe CoD wasn't intended that fine. But what im saying is that we need to get a huge buff now to make us comparable to other specs.

no
"
Warzone129 wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:

Let me get this right. You have 500 ex of gear (worth that much to you, not to me), out of which the majority (especially with the gem links) have nothing to do with a summoner or its clear speed, and you're using your 500 ex gear to claim that summoners suck? Remind me to link a legacy kaoms, a crown of eyes, a legacy soul taker and ask why my spell caster sucks. You just proved the point that summoners are one of the cheapest and most gear independent builds around. On top of that, 1.06 is already coming in with summoner buffs.

Back to COD,
Do you honestly believe that a support gem named cast on death and meant to support a skill that was to be cast on death would ever not be niche? Considering the rate at which new gems are released, it is inevitable that some will be far more popular than others. That doesn't mean they won't still be useful. Expect more PVP-oriented gems with minimal impact on PVE to be released. Just as some players like to solo while others like to group, some may enjoy PVP over PVE. Trying to 'balance' it for PVE will lessen its impact on PVP for instance while at the same time also not making it that popular for PVE, and we'll just end up with a gem that's so-so in both areas and even more useless
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info