LS Melee Templar with options at 69 pts...

I'm 33 or so points into this build. Right now I'm using a pair of axes, but I haven't committed to axes in the skill tree. I have committed to one hand weapons however.

(Skills)
So far I've been spamming the ever loving crap out of LS (with added lightning support), with Frost Nova being used when it makes sense. I have a Wrath aura that I'd like to keep and a healing totem that's just convenient until I find gems that make more sense.

So you can see from the build at 69 points that it has a lot of options. These options can certainly be taken before 69 points, but I'm not sure they can be taken after, or if I'll be able to get this far without committing to either swords, maces or axes. If I'm not doing enough damage before I get to 69 points I may need to start going through Timberwolf, Legendary Swordsman or Bone Smasher. This would force me to commit to a particular weapon type though and I'd like to stay away from that for as long as possible.

As I see it, the options are

(Towards the left - Weapons)
Timberwolf
Legendary Swordsman
Bone Smasher

(Shield)
There are the three shield nodes between Mara and Templar
There are also some good shield nodes to the left of the Mara start (Shield Mastery)
I'm also right on the shield circle just above my main start.

(Health - Close in a few spots)
If I decide at some point that I need some life regen I am really close to Trolls Blood as well as the 1% node near the templar start.
I'm two or three points away from the fitness circle, the three point path also puts my right by the splitting strikes Axe circle if I choose axes.

(Energy Shield)
For just one point I can get near the main ES circle under where the witch starts. That's a 40% add to my ES if I take one side of it. But should I grab the armor nodes instead and go with an all armor build instead of a hybrid armor/ES setup? Are there drawbacks to heavier armor?

(Misc Questions)
I'm fairly close to Resolute and Deadly Precision... If I go through Timberwolf or Legendary Swordsman I'll be closer to DP, but not by much. Which is the better choice? My gut says I'd rather do DP, but ultimately it's either the same skill points if I go through the circles, or it's two more if I don't... Which means if I want it I go through because they're not wasted points.

Do I need to spend the points to get to Inner Force? It seems worth it... Are my own buffs modified by that?

I'd really like to use dual axes. I don't know if that will work. As you can see in the build I haven't really taken anything for attack speed. Do I need to with an axe based LS build?

I took the three points of lightning damage as well as elementalist next to them. Do those increase the damage being done by lightning strike? If not I'll scrap them.

The 69 point option build...

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFWxRNGF0jTSSLPC09D0A2RHJG103YXcZ8u31TffWBb4TEi4yMdpf-nYCePKIAtPm2hsT23QXd8-Fz7SDwH_LOk9c9PptqZ5spLny4PfzGrmbZtHMY1zS-_gryRedjzLfVdVhjxthQUIzP9ki1BEVHMtG4kwx9EH_GntSPud3vDvIvgpvEFWBt

Thanks in advance for anyone that takes the time :). I'm sure I'll have more questions but I figure this is enough to start.
Just thought I'd bump this once during a peak time... I think I posted it at the peak time in Zimbabwe or something :).

I'd really like some experienced input. I'll go ahead and spend the time to make my mistakes and learn my lessons for sure, but I'd sure like to minimize that if I can :).

Again... Thanks in advance.
Is it the wall of text?

TL;DR

I have 33 point placed such that I haven't committed to any weapon type or DW/S&B. Is it possible to get to about 65-70 points before I do commit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info